The Bat Amp gets a soul mate

Cornman

27819564.jpg Just like the great Sara Vaughn song "At Last" . . the amplification end of my system has been completed. Installed the Bat 5i last night & with only a couple hours listeing tme I can say it has lived up to its reputation & at the very least met my expectations.

The VK60 & the 5i go togeather like Fred & Ginger-- Ella & Louie - Beer & Salsa [Y] great synenergy.

The Sovetek' s 6922's have been replaced with Sylvania 6DJ8, purchased from second owner, she's in almost cosmeticaly mint condition.

Here or a couple photos.

54725083.jpgPosted Image

Posted Image

Nice Mr. Corn, I see you got that 5i[;)] As Wayne Garcia wrote about the VK-3i and VK-200 combo the all tube setup of the 5i/VK-60 would be just the ticket for my Las but alas I have blown my provebial load for a few years to come but one day[:|]

I can relate to your thoughts on reaching the pinnicle in your lifetime for sound so sweet one would think they have passed and gone to listen with the angel's[A] I'm sure the Cornwall's already think they are in heaven[:D]

Very glad things are looking up and sounding better than ever, hope to get down your way this summer and have a cold one over a session Congrats

Thanks guys, "things are defineatly looking up" & its been a real thrill. So much so I could not resist a bid on epay for a pair or RCA 6L6 sealed in military box from 1944 the year of my birth1944 . May not be worth a sh**t but I had to follow my wim.[8-)]This will eliminate the last of the Sovetek tubes .As a back up I have ordered a pair or the New Tung sol 6L6 "Big Bottle" for comparisso. Any one have any experience with the difference In the big bottles or the new Tung Sol's??

Cornman

Thanks guys, "things are defineatly looking up" & its been a real thrill. So much so I could not resist a bid on epay for a pair or RCA 6L6 sealed in military box from 1944 the year of my birth1944 . May not be worth a sh**t but I had to follow my wim.Roll-eyesThis will eliminate the last of the Sovetek tubes .As a back up I have ordered a pair or the New Tung sol 6L6 "Big Bottle" for comparisso. Any one have any experience with the difference In the big bottles or the new Tung Sol's??

Cornman

Dude way to go : ) That is cool. RCA 6l6's are killer.

Audible Necter, I just like you would love to audition your VRD- Peach combo. The opportunity has just nevrer presented its self. Due to the weight & seize of the Bats the primary reason for choosing them other then ther steller reputation was the local pickup opportunity & good pricing. They are not for every one for shure, but a good prlce for me untill I hear somthing I like better such as Jub", but as I was discussing with Chris (Cask) & Coytee seems once you start down the Jub road tubes dont seem to be so relevant any longer. And that would be a real change in paradime for me to -walk away from my beloved tubes. [:$]

Cornman

Audible Necter, I just like you would love to audition your VRD- Peach combo. The opportunity has just nevrer presented its self. Due to the weight & seize of the Bats the primary reason for choosing them other then ther steller reputation was the local pickup opportunity & good pricing. They are not for every one for shure, but a good prlce for me untill I hear somthing I like better such as Jub", but as I was discussing with Chris (Cask) & Coytee seems once you start down the Jub road tubes dont seem to be so relevant any longer. And that would be a real change in paradime for me to -walk away from my beloved tubes. Embarrassed

Cornman

There are several people with tubes and Jubs. If I were to personally use tubes with my jubs it would be with a vk60. I emailed Victor of BAT explaining the jubs in detail asking if they would be a good match and he thought they would or he didn't see any reason they couldn't supply enough power when demanded. I read somewhere in the BAT literature I where a single 6C33C equals several 6550 tubes. That is if I remember properly. I wish I knew someone local with a VK60 tube amp as I'd love to try them on my jub clones.

Just to show the size and build quality lets look at this pic again : )

vk60.jpg