Small 2 channel amp

SuBXeRo

Its great that so many companys produce fantastic amps but i find that alot of them are large and bulky. Not that i can afford to do this now but in the future, i hope, i want to have my own component system hooked up to my computer. I wanna buy my own set of speakers and then pair them with a nice amp. Anyone know of any products that are good 2 channel amps in maybe a bit more of a compact size?

Check out Outlaw Audio's slim, stackable monoblocks. I have an older receiver from Outlaw - good gear at a fair price. Only available from their website.

I think those Outlaw monoblocks are Class D amps. I've heard some "audiophiles" recommend to stay away from them for 2 channel, but liked them for Home Theater use.

Dennie

Point taken, Dennie. I've not auditioned them either, so there's that. Still, I don't know that I'd rule them out based on their Class D mode of operation - Outlaw has a great return policy if you don't like what you're hearing. My old 1050 sounds delightful, but it is used in a home theater setting. ~Dan

Its great that so many companys produce fantastic amps but i find that alot of them are large and bulky. Not that i can afford to do this now but in the future, i hope, i want to have my own component system hooked up to my computer. I wanna buy my own set of speakers and then pair them with a nice amp. Anyone know of any products that are good 2 channel amps in maybe a bit more of a compact size?

SuBX, got s friend who drives Heresy's in his garage with one of these and I know he has not had any problem even with summer heat in there for at least 3 maybe 4 years now[;)]

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=PAZAMPV3

Noticed this one also but have not heard! http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=PAC275

Break out the checkbook for this solid rock[:o] http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=BY2BLP

Just some ideas, best of luck on your quest[Y]

Point taken, Dennie. I've not auditioned them either, so there's that. Still, I don't know that I'd rule them out based on their Class D mode of operation - Outlaw has a great return policy if you don't like what you're hearing. My old 1050 sounds delightful, but it is used in a home theater setting. ~Dan

I agree Dan, Outlaw is a great company and stands by all of their products. I've heard from many people who own Outlaw gear and are very satisfied.

I do want to clarify the class D thing. I looked it up and the Model 2200 M-Block is a class G/AB amp. (Whatever that is)

Dennie

Ha! I finally got around to looking it up too. I read through the owners manual as well. They'd be a strong contender for my system. There's a place for "bling" in all of our audio "train sets", and a place for gear that simply gets the job done well and done right. I sense the little Outlaw would fall under the latter category. Happy Easter all! ~Dan