Center channel help

AGUERRA

hello everyone newbie here and i was looking for a little help. I pick me up some rb-81's and was looking into find a center channel. I have 3 choice's unless im missing something. the monster rc-64, the rc-62 or just run another rb-81 up front. any advice would be helpful. mostly movie and tv with a little gaming. they are gonna be ran off an onkyo 805 and paired with an eD a2-300 for the sub. thanks

Those are the 3 best options you have. Personally I'd rank them in this order:

1) RB-81

2) RC-64

3) RC-62

Obviously the RC-64 is a kick-butt, incredibly performing center. But, for the absolute most seamless transition and blending of sound from your front 3 speakers its always best to have them match as closely as possible. Having 3 identical speakers up front is always the way to go as long as you have the space.

• 1 month later...

I was looking for a center channel speaker about 3 months ago. I got an RC 64 to go between my Khorns because I absolutely couln't fit anything else in. It's OK, but it's not kick butt where I got it. Wuzzer is right. Get the very, very best center channel speaker you can afford and have space for. You will not be sorry for the money you spent on this speaker; it's the ticket especially for movies.............