Velodyne HGS 18 broken.

dtximages

Well my favorite sub I own wont do anything anymore. Its been having problems for some time now but finally its completely dead. I would like to fix it but i know that will cost a ton.

What are some of the best options out there now for the price? what about svs? anything else? I dont want to spend that much and want to find something used.

this is for my HT which is the klipsch chorus II with klipsch forte II''s stacked on top. This is also in a basement with concrete floors and brick walls.

any great ideas???

well the rw12d is a nice sub but im not sure its big enough. i need to move ALOT of air. this velodyne is a beast and has a 1250 amplifier. am i completely wrong there? also my velodyne is rated flat down to 15hz. not that it makes a huge difference but ya know haah.

ya 340 wats in rw12d it will pound out huge orom but your 18 hertz is nice also huge amp if u want best

bes is earth quake 15 15 model mkv or better 1500 bucks thats 18 hertz at 130 dbu thats real masters sub scare hell out of ya train comes ok 650 watt amp comes iwth it all u need go web site cheak them out try find deal online if u can those are best and will beat hell our of your velo k look specks they comapre these with yours and b w this blows thema ll out water

well the rw12d is a nice sub but im not sure its big enough. i need to move ALOT of air. this velodyne is a beast and has a 1250 amplifier. am i completely wrong there? also my velodyne is rated flat down to 15hz. not that it makes a huge difference but ya know haah.

No you're not wrong. Going from an 18 to a 12 is a big step down. All things being equal, an 18 will displace over twice as much air as a 12.

what about svs subs? anything else yall would recommend besides fixing this thing?

SVS makes great subs, so does Elemental Designs (great bang for the buck subs) and HSU. Beware, 18" subs aren't cheap. Alot of your choices can be narrowed down if you have a particular budget in mind. Do-it-yourself and used help stretch your subwoofer dollar also.

Don't give up on your HGS, yet.

Talk to a guy named Pete at Velodyne. You can get the customer service # at Velodyne.com.

A refurb amp can cost as little as $200-$300.

Good luck.

I agree. Lightning fried the amp in my FSR-18 about 4 years ago. Velodyne fixed it for about $175. Worth a phone call