Which bands make you hurl and why?

oldmako

I can realate because I love Sitar music and people hate the Sitar in droves. Not all of it but Ravi Shankar or his daughter with a killer Indian percusion secrtion is amazing.

Iain, is that supposed to be "section" or "secretion?"

[;)]

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While stopping on the way home from work to pick up something to eat, I just encountered a song by somebody else on the "muzak" system that will truly make me hurl...

Christopher Cross! In fact, any of that really sappy, sugary, love-dovey crap will make me hurl. I've forgotten how much I've really hated that song. Don't recall what the name of the song was, but I would instantly recognize it if I heard it.

While stopping on the way home from work to pick up something to eat, I just encountered a song by somebody else on the "muzak" system that will truly make me hurl...

Christopher Cross! In fact, any of that really sappy, sugary, love-dovey crap will make me hurl. I've forgotten how much I've really hated that song. Don't recall what the name of the song was, but I would instantly recognize it if I heard it.

Sailing?

It's not far down to paradise

At least it's not for me

And if the wind is right you can sail away

And find tranquility

The canvas can do miracles

Just you wait and see

Believe me

It's not far to never never land

No reason to pretend

And if the wind is right you can find the joy

Of innocence again

The canvas can do miracles

Just you wait and see

Believe me

Sailing

Takes me away

To where I've always heard it could be

Just a dream and the wind to carry me

And soon I will be free

Dennie

Sailing?

No, it was not "Sailing". That one I do know and can instantly recognize my name.

I could go through trolling MP3 clips looking for the song in question, but I would rather much spend the time listening to something I actually care about, such as my Sonata Arctica collection (who will chew the likes of Christopher Cross up for lunch and spit them back out! [6])

It was really starting to drive me nuts, so I did a quick troll through some MP3 samples on Amazon. I think it was "Think of Laura". It opened up with him going "bo-a-bo-bo-boo-a" (best that I can convey in in text).

As far as I am concerned, Christopher Cross can take the short express to hell - because it is time to CRANK UP THE SONATA ARCTICA!!!! [6] <head-banging!>

And to think, I actually had "Ride like the Wind" on 45! [:$]

It was really starting to drive me nuts, so I did a quick troll through some MP3 samples on Amazon. I think it was "Think of Laura". It opened up with him going "bo-a-bo-bo-boo-a" (best that I can convey in in text).

As far as I am concerned, Christopher Cross can take the short express to hell - because it is time to CRANK UP THE SONATA ARCTICA!!!! Devil <head-banging!>

LOL, that's funny Steve! Don't hurt yourself scanning Christopher Cross Songs! Hell, you're libel to get suicidal on us! [+o(][8o|] LOL

Dennie

LOL, that's funny Steve! Don't hurt yourself scanning Christopher Cross Songs! Hell, you're libel to get suicidal on us! Ick!Super Angry LOL

Dennie

I managed to survive intact - pretty amazing how quickly throwing on some good power metal cures of my Christopher Cross exposure! [6][8]

Anyway, a quick run through Wikipedia did reveal the tragic backstory for "Think of Laura" - a college girl that was killed by a stray bullet while riding in the back seat of her father's car as they were heading into town for dinner. But still, that song just - you know - SUCKS from a musical point of view. Makes me want to gag everytime I hear that abomination! [+o(]. Give me something with some serious balls behind it! And yes, "Aurthers Theme" is not very far behind. I'll admit that I can tolerate, and actually enjoy listening to something like "Ride like the Wind", though.

I guess I am just not into all that sappy business...