RM-5SE Dust Cover, got one thanks

USNRET

I am looking for a dust cover for my TT. Anyone have any pictures or ideas for one. Bending and gluing the Plexiglas to mold the shape would be problematic (at least for me) and so I have been considering making a wooden case the TT could 'drop' into and have a hinged dust cover. The dust cover that is an option for the RM-5 is not very usable or nice looking in my opinion.

2 parts Makers Mark- 3 parts Ga moonshine- 2sf of lexan ( stolen from the maint hangar at work)- 8 wood screws- 2 hinges(also robbed from work)- 1/2 cup of aviation fuel(also stolen from work). pour the mixture on the TT. Step and light the concoction with one of Bobs cigar lighters and .. Presto- dust cover[:D]

Please send 50.00 to my paypal account for consulting fees[D]

I had TAP plastics make a dust cover for me. I believe it was 80.00. Cost was based on the thickness of the plexiglass. They will also sell the plexiglass and all the glue etc that is needed to DIY.

I dont know if they are a local retailer or have stores out of the Bay area. I am sure there is someone nearby that makes trophy cases and the like out of plexiglass. They can certainly do the same and call it a dust cover!

Josh

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! Those look great USN! You can always say the "Flaw" is put there on purpose, just in case you want to add a bigger....ah....er...Thing-A-Ma-Bob! Yeah, that's it, a bigger thingamabob! [;)]

I think the dust cover looks great and good thinking on having them make the record stand. I've always wanted a dedicated record/CD stand for what is currently playing. Sure, I've used photograph easels. you know the little folding kind, but they fall over or collapse and are just a pain in the butt. Maybe I'll stop by my local Taps plastics and see what they can do.

Thanks for sharing the pictures, I think they look great!

Dennie

Dennie, I have no idea what local would cost you for the stand nor what I could get Mr. Bud Light at 0700 to make a few, but I would get you one if you want. Give me the word and I will ask him what one would cost. I go by there every day on the way to work.

Dennie, I have no idea what local would cost you for the stand nor what I could get Mr. Bud Light at 0700 to make a few, but I would get you one if you want. Give me the word and I will ask him what one would cost. I go by there every day on the way to work.

Thanks USN. If it is not a problem, I would appreciate it very much. If Mr. Bud Light at 0700 gives a reasonable quote*, I'll take 2 of them.

Let me know and if it seems like a problem, don't worry about it.

Thanks so much,

Dennie

* reasonable would probably be South of $20 each