Was there some kind of used heritage price hike?

4tay

It is, thanks. I can see that I am in a region devoid of deals. Everything good that appears on ebay or craigslist won't ship. Alas, contrary to the great philosopher Slipknot, all hope is not gone. I will eventually be able to sell my house and move closer to audio civilization where said bargains can be had.

Pick out some driving tunes- saddle up and go to where the stuff is- buy from the forum garage- You will meet some of the nicest people who will help you out and enjoy seeing you better your system. I have some of the best people buying and selling gear on this forum. Screw E-bay unless it is something you gotta have right now.

Pick out some driving tunes- saddle up and go to where the stuff is- buy from the forum garage- You will meet some of the nicest people who will help you out and enjoy seeing you better your system. I have some of the best people buying and selling gear on this forum. Screw E-bay unless it is something you gotta have right now.

I will likely do that on of these days. Although when I move to the Seattle area, I'll bet I won't have to drive far.

A note about "bettering" the system: in a smaller/medium room, going up in size (la scala-Corner horn) really isn't bettering my system. The big three Klipsch are simply too large to function properly in the smaller listening rooms I have at the moment. The Forte II are the max size limit for proper setup. I have a main family room that is perfect for corner horns now, but it has to stay empty while I show my house to buyers. When I move, I intend to run a 2-channel corner horn system with some nice firebottle amplification. (By nice, I mean I might restore a Fisher, Scott or Dynaco St-70. Might even hotrod a Jolida.)

Pick out some driving tunes- saddle up and go to where the stuff is- buy from the forum garage- You will meet some of the nicest people who will help you out and enjoy seeing you better your system

I picked up my '89 LS on a trip back through Iliinois, after visiting my mom in Wisconsin. I paid around $1200 for them and couldn't be happier.

Bruce

• 3 weeks later...

Personally I think they are all cheap for what you get. Real wood veneers, solid builds, vintage look and sound, quality crossovers, horns to die for, etc., etc. Heck, even the badges are going for $50 bucks. I'd actually pay a lot more for all the speaker in the Heritage line. Go price new speakers and compare the sound quality and build with the old Heritage line. New Bose 901s go for $1,200.00 and I wouldn't give you $200 for them. A pair of vintage Cornwall Is from the 70s with clean veneer and a few new components from Crites are worth $1,200.00 to me. They just don't make these anymore unless you want to spend 4K for a new pair. Do the math and tell me any Heritage speaker in good condition is a bad deal. If you like it, buy it.

KG models are also often cheap to the market. I think used Khorns

are easily worth twice the price of Cornwalls because of their much greater efficiency

(104 vs. 100 dB/w/m), more linear and deeper frequency response, historical

value, clearer and wider mid-range horns and more expensive to construct bass

bin. The Cornwalls I loved for over a decade had a wonderful mid-bass (80 Hz)

bump that added to music and movies.

Either way the stock models have some problems that make

them less than ideal. New crossovers and other measures however are well worth

the investment to correct these sonic anomalies. I have heard a dozen superb

sound systems (http://www.enjoythemusic.com/axpona_2010/flood/),

and when these problems are corrected, Klipsch’s big ole horns can compete with

the best of them; at a much lower cost.

As the recent depression eases into mere recession, I think

you will see less dumping of goods as people struggle to get by. Now is the

time to buy hard assets (except for digital electronics).