Answer this question......please

Mrphats1999

hey guys,

First off just say wassup, havent posted in a while.. Im sorry. haha

I m running Pioneer VSX-D810S reciever (love Pioneer), Pioneer DVD player 343, 4 Quintets 1 KSC-C1 Center 1 KSW-12 Sub, all runnin monster wire. This setup is mainly for my Home Theater, movies etc etc. But I noticed my dvd player could play DVDs,CDs,CDR,CDRWs, so i put in a cd to listen to it and I was extremely dissapointed. First i got the notion that everyone was right about klipsch being slow. Then I thought cant be with everyone loving klipsch and my new found love for them.

So I started thinkin I need a new CD PLAYER. Of course this has to be Pioneer to match my system (im weird like that sorry). Also I m thinkin I need some FRONTS really really bad. Cause my quintets arent doing it. So I m thinkin my next investment should be some RF 3's.

Would do you guys think? Am I missing something?

------------------

My current home theater system.

<br>Klipsch Quintet's 4

<br>1 KSC-C1

<br>Pioneer VSX-D810S

<br>Pioneer DVD 343

<br>working on getting KSW-12

<br>MS X BOX as well

Hi

Keith is right. Quintets are not "listening" speakers. Personally for listening - I only have owned Heritage line speakers and am not satisfied by anything less. But that is ME.

I have no idea what you mean by Klipsh being "slow"?????

Second of all - Usually DVD players have a lower dynamic range than mid to high quality CD players.

JM

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the help, I know I was just messed up I guess. I think Ill have to get me some hand me down RF3's or soo Maybe I can get some Demo Units from the local Klipsch seller.

Thanks alot. So sorry for the noob mistake

phatz

------------------

My current home theater system.

<br>Klipsch Quintet's 4

<br>1 KSC-C1

<br>Pioneer VSX-D810S

<br>Pioneer DVD 343

<br>working on getting KSW-12

<br>MS X BOX as well

Did someone say Heritagecwm16.gif

I find it almost impossible to write Quintet and Heritage in the same sentence. If you have Quintets as mains, it's time for an upgrade! Think speakers first - it's the most direct way to audio bliss for one purchase. There is nothing fundamentally wrong with your DVD (or the rest of your electronics for that matter) - it's just that the quintets don't cut it for music - period.

How much can you spend on speakers? This would be helpful to know, but before you answer, I'll tell you that this is the "make or break" purchase for your system. Think bigSmile.gif There's nothing better you can do for the quality of your system than to get the speaker purchase right. Spend as much as you can (without doing anything unwise or irresponsible for more important things in life, of course - food, shelter, etc.). Klipsch offers many choices that will blow away any notion of "slow". You just have the wrong tool for the job right now.

What is your room like? How much room do you have for speakers? You've come to the right place, for sure, but "we need some information, first".

Once you deal with the speaker issue, then you can address the rest of your electronics.

------------------

First we Rock, then we Roll!