Internet Radio

irwin

I'll add my name to the Pandora list. Pay a small fee for the upgraded download.

It can be a fine experience with varied and far reaching music. I love it and have tracked down probably 100 CDs in the last year as a result using the amazon music link provided with each song. Fairly decent Bios are also attached. But more importantly (to me) is the way they link a musician to others in the Bio. This allows you to sample a huge amount of music essentially for free and decide what you like.

I spend a fair amount of time in front of my PC and will constantly add and remove songs and artists that they suggest and that I stumble across. I tend to keep my stations generic, ie "Reggae" , "Blues". "Twang", I then add to them over time and end up with some fantistic music.

http://www.logitechsqueezebox.com/products/squeezebox-duet.html

I have an older model that only cost about 250.00 I haven't seen it on the sight. sound quality is excellent. I use my computer up stairs as a music server for all my CD's in lossless format. I also use rhapsody and could use pandora. I have internet radio also. I hard wired mine to my local network in the house but they do work wireless. I would suggest a highspeed internet for off the web content.

• Moderators

I'll add my name to the Pandora list. Pay a small fee for the upgraded download.

It can be a fine experience with varied and far reaching music. I love it and have tracked down probably 100 CDs in the last year as a result using the amazon music link provided with each song. Fairly decent Bios are also attached. But more importantly (to me) is the way they link and artist to others in the Bio. This allows you to sample a huge amount of music essentially for free and decide what you like.

I spend a fair amount of time in front of my PC and will constantly add and remove songs and artists that they suggest and that I stumble across. I tend to keep my stations generic, ie "Blues". I then add to them over time and end up with some fantistic music.

I would probably use a couple of different radio stations but I really like the way Pandora helps match music that sounds like what you put into it. I tried it yesterday and it seems to work well and you can always cut songs out which helps it find what is closer to what you like.

We have wireless high speed or DSL or whatever it is [A] and is works well, this is what made me think about the wireless part. It is whatever the local cable company sells because we canceled the normal phones and it was cheaper than a land phone with there internet. No one used the normal phone but they would not let you get just the internet, so now they do not get anything from us and we save about $75 a month, fine with me I don't use the phone anyway.

I use "Squeezebox" (mostly classical with some Americana via internet radio, not FM stations on the 'net). The analogue output is satisfactory (the equal to most FM stations) and the digital out is better (through a DAC). Internet connection is via Verizon DSL, independent of my computer.

Highly recommended...

• Like 1

If you are still on XP, and have a soundcard with ASIO drivers ... NOT ASIO4ALL ... but real ASIO drivers, the audio from your computer can rival your CD player. If you use the standard windows interface, aka Kmixer, you are effectively only getting about 14bits of resolution... AND CERTAINLY NOT 16Bit Perfect!!! I don't know if things have been fixed in Vista/Win7 ... but you WILL hear a difference on XP. WinAmp has an ASIO plugin, and surprisingly AOL(CBS) has pretty good programming.

Guest David H

I would probably use a couple of different radio stations but I really like the way Pandora helps match music that sounds like what you put into it. I tried it yesterday and it seems to work well and you can always cut songs out which helps it find what is closer to what you like.

I also like Pandora, infact I upgraded to Pandora One so no commercials and 196k playback. I run through a Fubar USB DAC sounds great.

Dave.

I can get a new Philips Streamium NP2500 for free.I've read the reviews and found that this streamer does not support Pandora,Last FM or Slacker.I'm guessing I'll still have alot of music options. Will I really be missing out on that much?

• Moderators

I can get a new Philips Streamium NP2500 for free.I've read the reviews and found that this streamer does not support Pandora,Last FM or Slacker.I'm guessing I'll still have alot of music options. Will I really be missing out on that much?

After looking around I think there are many other stations, and since it's free I would try it. Just look around on the internet and see if there is any others you would like, probably so, especially for the price !