*** PLEASE Help I need advice on buying RS-62's***

Bilka316

I have an opportunity to buy localya pair of RS-62's tomorrow for $600-. ( He says they are new in the box??) I have done some homework on the new RS series and they are the best of the three by far. I could get the 42's for around $400 and the 52's for $500+. Myquestion is.... Will the 62's be too much for my current setup?

My current system is listed in my sgnature section! I am running 100watts per channel ( so the specs say) My HT room is only 12X12 of deticated space. My couch is set against the back wall so I only run 5.1 and I plan to mount the surrounds on the side walls at ear level in line with my listening postion. Should I buy the RS-62's? I think it is a pretty good deal.... only $100 more per speaker than the 42's. Please help... I need to make the deal by tomorrow before he sells. Thank you for your advice.

Oh and I forgot to mention " THIS SITE ROCKS"

well you can look at my sig to see where i am coming from. i personally think if you have your HT gear in any livingroom, then you should never need anything above an RS-42. in fact specs wize the 42 and 52 are the same except for physical size. i am running 7's (upgraded at that) and they (42's) hold their own. now i am going to upgrade the 42's xover (because i am crazy like that) but i don't need to.

i wouldn't spend $600 on surround speakers (in the RS line). if you listen to lots of music, then wuzzer has a great idea. if your HT only, i'd say find a pair of RS-42's for $200. you should be able to buy a pair at that price. (that's what i paid for mine).

believe it or not, the rs-42's are a great speaker. i think people don't give them a chance because they are so small. now i do have to turn them up when i calabrate my set up with a spl meter, but so what. they still ouput the same 80db as my 7's.

i think what you said with the couch up against the wall, you picked the right series of speakers. btw, my living room is 16' 3" x 16' 3".

Well once again being impatient I went for the 62's. I did not want to worry about having to upgrade again. These speakers are huge!!! They do sound amazing and I got a good deal from what I have seen. I know I could have gotten a better deal if I would have waited but I am happy with the end result.

I guess I was hoping everyone was going to tell me to go for the 62's. I was kind of surprised on the advice to buy the 42's. From what I have read on this site and many others the 62's are vastly superior. Any thoughts????

• Moderators

I personally have never been a fan of 4" speakers. As wuzzer mentioned, if you have the budget and you do not mind spending that much on surrounds, the RS-62's are great. I found a sweet deal on a pair of RS-52's and could not be happier. Congrats on your new purchase. Now sit back and enjoy them.