Thoughts on this memorial day weekend

This holiday has always been a moist eyed- lump in the throat deal for me. Too many budddies that did not come back from Nam. Too many others that were spit upon and called baby killers upon returning. Too many childern of friends lost in Desert storm 1 and 2. A couple in Afganastan. many friends of my son who traded college money for military service afterward who are in harms way with a policy where they can not shoot back. I worry about their saftey every day. Whatever your politics are- everyone should say a prayer for the safe return of the Heros who lay their lives on the line every day so we can live our daily lives in peace. While most of us are sitting in our comfortable living rooms - listening to our high end audio systems- sipping on adult beverages- these men/wonen are laying in some sand pit dodging bullets from an enemy that they cant even recognize. Something to think about. God bless our American heros - living and deceased.

• Moderators

Exactly, without all of these brave people I would hate to think where this country would be today.

Hero's every one of them, Thanks to everyone serving and everyone who has served, they are the best of us, by far.

Thank You

Remember the sacrifices of those that have protected us and those that now are serving in harms way.

Look around you at the life you have and know it wouldn't be possible without the courage and service of those before us.

Memorial Day

I love our country and give thanks for all

Remember the sacrifices of those that have protected us and those that now are serving in harms way.

Look around you at the life you have and know it wouldn't be possible without the courage and service of those before us.

Memorial Day

I love our country and give thanks for all

Amen