MWM K43 replacement question

Coytee

Get the 1/2" width (works fine on MWM, but not other types). I may have a roll around here I could send you if you need to get moving quickly

Being of a stubborn type... I did a search and found the 1/2". I've already put an order in for it as well as a handful of banana jacks and those dual binding posts.

• Moderators

You could always use K33 woofers or Crites K-33 clones. They work very well in an MWM as they were the original design for the MWM and go lower than a K43.

It don't matter, Coytee is just going to put them outside to scare away animals anyway, or even worse, play Marie Osmond while he works outside

It don't matter, Coytee is just going to put them outside to scare away animals anyway, or even worse, play Marie Osmond while he works outside

[:o] Scary thought....

Now I just need to find me a pair of those....

EDIT: Michael, will those binding posts you linked work on Cornwalls?

Daniel

You could always use K33 woofers or Crites K-33 clones. They work very well in an MWM as they were the original design for the MWM and go lower than a K43.

I'm slapping myself on the forehead right now......

I happen to have an extra K33 that I just remembered. It's currently stuffed inside the top section of my empty cabinet LaScala.

I could put the 33 on one of these bins, leave the existing driver in the other bin and do a side by side!!

To Fritz: I gently pushed on the BACK side of the drivers last night while still installed to see if there was any VC rubbing. If pushing on the backside is marginally valid (I realize it might not be fully valid), then on the one I tried it was good news. There is zero noise/rubbing when doing that from the back side.

My parts are supposed to arrive tomorrow so I'll get the input jacks fixed first and go from there.

Just might have to try a 33 this weekend if it's decent weather.

Surprise Scary thought....

Now I just need to find me a pair of those....

EDIT: Michael, will those binding posts you linked work on Cornwalls?

Daniel

Daniel, I use a different PE type for Cornies and Heresies. What you do is remove the back, take out the barrier strip. Plug one of the holes, redrill out a new second hole at standard dual banana spacing (this is how I do it). Place a spare socket over the head of knurled knob to protect it, make sure the wire holes are aligned up/down and hammer it into place. Attach washer, nut, solder tab, nut, apply loctite on inside. Solder/crimp wires on and you're done.

post-10755-13819585341276_thumb.jpg