Klipschorn or SpeakerLab SK Distance Range

I hoping to find out what the minimum and max distance separation people have experienced for hitting a sweet spot with corner horns. The living room that I was planning on putting the SpeakerLab SK's once I get 'em re-veneered and tweaked is about 25 ft between finished corner walls. Is this too far apart? The actual room is about 25' x 26'

Thanks for your time

Being an almost square room may be more of a problem, but you won't know until you try. You might need to try adding a center speaker, but that will partly depend on the drivers and how well the final speakers image.

Bruce

Neil & Bruce,

Thanks for the info. In reality the room really isn't square. There are 2 different ceiling heights of 9' and 7'10". Sorry for the poor man's CAD. Roughly like below, not that extreme just kind of the shape. X marks the spot that I was going to put the speaking. The shorter ceiling height is at the "top". Just have to play with it and see. Hopefully the sweet spot would by somewhere around the @'s.

_________

| |_________

________| |

| @ |

| @ |

| _____ |

|X_________| |________ X|

In my experience at Klipsch Tech Support, I questioned many Khorn owners about their stereo separation. Most had settled on about .7x the front wall width as an optimum listening distance from the front wall. I think there is some PWK DFH that talks about room setup andKhorns

My Khorn wall is 24 feet wide. I sit 15 feet from it but could stand to be a bit farther back if the room allowed it. But I like a wide stereo sound field- my LS (different room) are spread 13 feet, and that is with only a 42" plasma screen between them.

Michael

Some people say the best sweet spot is where you are looking straight down the tweeter horns.... is your SK the kind that has an off-centered tweeter? Experiment. With my K-horns there are a couple of points on the center line where the sound image "snaps" into focus.