From I remember, that is all they offered

Looking for dimension and angle of the riser

Also, I have a table saw so how would one cut the slanted
board?

Explanation and pics would be helpful

Currently just place a small block of wood under the front
riser

Mark

Put them on stands, straigt up vertical, tweeters about ear level. Heck, you're probably using a sub with them anyway, so don't worry about a little loss of 60Hz bass. Lovin' mine on 23" stands! Pretty sweet with the 2A3 amp [8]

Rick

Don't know the measurements but at the end of the day I cheated.

I took the slant base from one of my other HIIIs, handed it to a cabinet maker and said 'copy this'. He did. Perfectly, although with one minor modification from stock. Instead of veneered MDF, I had him make the base from solid hardwood.

i have some leftover Oak floor boards, that might work for these risers. that link with the size of the risers matches close to what I came up with. I just placed a small block of wood under the front of the existing riser. tried different thicknesses until i got the angle i wanted. I measuerd about 1" to 2.5" rise on the side, and 12.5" long. will try this out with the oak floor boards. might make jig out of plywood instead of buying one.

Do you know about the masking tape trick, to glue beveled pieces of wood together?

Greg

I'd like to know.

It's one of those things that's harder to explain that it is to just show a picture of, but I don't have a picture! The closest I have is the picture below which shows a 'box' that I made with this method. In the picture I'm just using it to hold up the horn.

Imagine the four pieces of wood that would make up the riser laying flat on a table, with each end bevel cut to 45 degrees. You line up the long points of each of the pieces so they are touching one another and then use a good heavy masking tape to hold them in place. Then flip them over and apply glue to the bevel cuts and use the masking tape as hinges to fold the pieces together. The long points of the cuts will line up perfectly and the tape holds everything together for you to put brad nails in, or to clamp them until the glue sets.

That was the short version. If it's not clear, let me know and I'll take another stab at it.

Greg

post-11090-13819599146988_thumb.jpg

post-11090-13819617452222_thumb.jpg