Is this Possible?

CapZark

There may be “technically” some “output” at 20Hz, but I don’t see how you can get anything audible at 20Hz on a ported box tuned to about 38Hz. I imagine you might get some level of smoothing of the response curve, but I don’t believe there would be an audible difference. If you stuff a sealed box with fiberglass (not just lining the walls), the stuffing tends to “fool” the woofer into thinking it's in a bigger box and could give some bass extension (but probably not 40Hz to 20Hz).

hmmm... my Cornwalls have BassLine panels installed which are kind of eggshell looking. I don't have any instrumentation to measure anything except my ears so I thought I would take a listen to hear what I would find. I used the test cd from RealTraps and found that yes, there is a "sound" eminating from the speakers starting at around 19Hz but it was only audible with the volume set at "holy krap that's loud". By the time it got to 35Hz I had to turn it down to "turn that down, the kids are trying to sleep" because it was starting to sound nasty. By the time it hit 40Hz I was turning it down to a more normal listening volume. So, was he being truthful? Yeah, I suppose you can say that it "produces a tone" but nothing much useful or noticable. It would be interesting to compare with the stock liner but I have no basis for comparison.

Please excuse my lack of scientific method here... just playing. Now I think I'll see where my hearing stops and the dog starts going crazy!