A major Thankyou shout out to Michael Colter and Don Wehr

As many of you here on the forum know, I have been trying to complete a 7 channel surround sound system of Klipsch TSCM speakers (Pro Theatre versions of the Klipschorn) I already had 9 of the Bass bins and 5 of the high frequency bins and only needed 2 more top bins to make this happen.

I was contacted by a fellow forum member named Don Wehr who had located 3 LSI Pro La Scala Singles and 2 TSCM high frequency sections and wanted to know if I wanted to go in on the deal, as he only wanted the La Scalas for his band.

The spooky part of all this is that I had picked up most of the TSCM stuff I owned in the big Pittsburg run, and I picked up those speakers on Paul Wilbur Klipschs birthday, now here was Don Wehr calling me about the two remaining pieces, and only the two remaining pieces I needed to complete the set, and Don called me on Paul Wilbur Klipschs birthday, what are the odds of that??

The speakers were in Baltimore, Marriland, and the seller wanted $1,200 for all 5, and I told Don I would be willing to pay $600, just for the 2 TSCM high frequency bins, as there are $600 worth of K-55 drivers in a pair of these alone, and $600 would net him a good buy for 3 LSI single Pro La Scalas as well. The deal was struck, and Don Wehr was going to drive out from Chicago and meet me in Ohio, and we would drive out together to pick them up, but the deal got better for me. I had located a KPT-684 in Wisconsin and had been looking for one. The orriginal asking price was $1300, and the seller had come down to $850. I wanted pictures and the seller said it was all wrapped up for shipping and stored at a friends house so he did not have easy access, and said he would sell it to me for $650 sight unseen. I asked Don if I went and picked up the speakers in Baltimore by myself, would he go to Wisconsin and pick up the KPT-684 for me and then he would only have to drive to Ohio to make the exchange and I would pay him the $50 difference. Don agreed, but then the deal got better for me again. FYRPWR or Steve Kovats had 4 empty MWM single bins with trim that I wanted and Don lives about 40 miles away. I sent Don the money for them, and he picked them up as well.

Don Wehr brought me all of that stuff saving me alot of miles with a trailer, and some things changed as to where Don couldn't bring it all in one trip, so he went out of his way and made a second trip to complete the transactions. I got free delivery on a KPT-684 and 4 empty MWM bins, and you just can't beat free with the big stuff like this. It worked out for Don a little bit as well, as he wanted some K-33Es reconed, and I turned him on to my guy in Ft. Wayne who does OUTSTANDING work and it is on the way for him, and saved him shipping the speakers.

I kept my mouth shut about the TSCM high frequency bins to everyone except Kevin Harmon (As I had to share the info of PWKs birthday, and Kevin new about the PWK birthday pickup of my other TSCM speakers) I did not tell another sole as I did not want anything to happen to them until I had them in my greedy little hands at home.

After I finally got the TSCM high frequency bins home, I called Michael Volter and IndyKlipschFan Roger, to tell them I had completed my set and about the PWK birthday deal.

After Don came yesterday to drop off the rest of my empty MWMs, he told me that he had orriginally contacted Michael and offered them to him, and it was Michael Colter that sent him my way. I had already called Michael as I stated to tell him about my great luck and PWKs birthday, and Michael never took credit for sending Don Wehr my way.

As Don stated, "It seems Michael is one of those guys who will go out of his way to help you out if he isn't interested in something for himself instead of saying I'm not interested, he goes the extra distance to try to help someone else out"

I wanted the forum to know what Michael Colter did for me, in not only helping me to finally find what I needed, but in also getting me to know Don Wehr, as Don is a great guy, and I look forward to deeing him again when he can come to stay for a while and visit again.

Big Kudos Michael for doing this, and not even trying to take credit for it, but I think the forum should know!!! [;)]

And a big thankyou to my new friend Don Wehr!!! [Y]

Roger

Pictures please!!!

I haven't taken any pictures. Some pictures of some of my TSCM stuff was taken by Michael Colter and IndyKlipschFan Roger and are under several TSCM threads such as feeding the TSCM fever. I am thinking about asking for volunteers to help hall all these cabinets out into the yard to take some photos of all of it at one time, should look pretty impressive all lined up at once in the yard. Mwm Doubles are back breakers, and the TSCM and KP-600 bins are no light weights either.

Maybe Don Wehr will jump in here and post some photos of his new LSIs, as they were in pretty nice shape.

Roger

I had located a KPT-684 in Wisconsin

Was it the guy (Tom?) in Milwaukee?

Congrats, great score. Yes

Scott,

Excellent memory! Yes, his name is Thomas Swietik from Milwaukee Wisconsin. His forum name here is blue22.

The KPT-684 is in excellent shape, almost as new, much better then I expected, and he even made a custom grill for it. Very pleased, and can't beat $650 delivered to Ohio, total price!! Thanks Don!! [Y]

Roger

Nice dude, nothing like a sweet deal and people helping each other out.

Btw, what's the forum moniker for Don Wehr?

Grasshopper,

Hey Dude!!! Don Wehr is dwillie here on the forum.

He is a registered member of the forum since 2004 with only 31 posts, but I would recomend him as a stand up forum member and a heck of a nice guy!

Roger

I had located a KPT-684 in Wisconsin

Was it the guy (Tom?) in Milwaukee?

Congrats, great score. Yes

Scott,

Excellent memory! Yes, his name is Thomas Swietik from Milwaukee Wisconsin. His forum name here is blue22.

The KPT-684 is in excellent shape, almost as new, much better then I expected, and he even made a custom grill for it. Very pleased, and can't beat $650 delivered to Ohio, total price!! Thanks Don!! Yes

Roger

That's great.....I was eyeballin' that ad for quite awhile but just couldn't swing it at the time. Glad to hear that you got it. [Y]

You're welcome guys.

I've had numerous long chats with both Don and Roger. I think it was Don who bought a KP115 from me early in his collecting and it's good to see his system grow. Roger is just another case altogether, his nearly single-minded search for TSCM parts is well documented and I was just passing along info from a Klipsch brother to another. Glad you guys could split the bounty and both come out with gear you could use and at reasonable prices.

When in doubt, play it forward gang. That's what was done to me many times in my early collecting career.

Michael