Klipsch RF-83 vs Klipsch RF-63

aixm2za

Here's my current setup:

Fronts: Klipsch RF-83

Center: Klipsch RS-7

Surround: Definitive Technology BP-6 (will be changing to Klipsch RF-82 soon)

Subwoofer: Klipsch RT-10D

A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-4308

I was recently going to sell everything, but have decided not to. I want to know everyone's opinion on what would be better Front speakers; the RF-83 or RF-63' given my current setup. The towers will sit about 15 feet away from each other and I'll be sitting 12-15 feet away. Now given that information with the receiver I have, will the RF-63's sound the exact same? Or will I achieve better quality listening to the Rf-83's? If I sell my 83's I can downgrade to the 63's and pickup the rc-64 and maybe another subwoofer in my room (26ft long, 15ft wide) I sit in the middle typically. Please let me know, thanks!

I have the RF-63's and I think they are the best thing since sliced bread. With that said, the RF-83's are better, marginally though, but better. I say sell the RS-7 and get the RC-64, or save for it. Or maybe get another RS-7 and move to surrounds.

Bill

if your trying to really use the money for the 83's to squeeze the rc-64 within your budget it makes sense but i went from rf-62's to the rf-83's and would never go back but everyone who i know that has the rc-64 with 63's or even 83's sound great together either way couldnt tell a major difference. There is only 25 watts rms difference and 1 db between 63's and 83's. I personally still have my rc-62 with my new 83's and cant go the rc-64 until buy a different tv stand.