SVS PB10-NSD or Hsu VTF 1

BigCliff

OK, I know this is a KLIPSCH forum but my two Klipsch subs(SW 12II and SW 10II) have both died. RIP That being said I know Klipsch makes great speakers but subs I am not so sure. I am in the market for a new sub which will be just for stereo music listening. I have researched and in the price I want to pay I have narrowed it down to the SVS PB 10 and the HSU VTF 1. Can anyone stir me in one direction or the other and why. I can not go listen to either one because I am buying online and have not seen anyone locally selling either one. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Big Cliff

Cliff,

I was in the same boat as you till this AM. I was debating; build a DIY sub (out of stock); also, was looking at used subs; but either too big or not musical enough. (Mine will be a sealed design as this is my preference).

I was looking to spend under $400.... (I believe your budget is somewhat higher.)

Well, my Emotiva Ultra 12 is ordered, and shouldbe here withing a week or less......

http://emotiva.com/ultra_sub12.shtm

I have done much research; the Hsu and the SVS are rated VERY highly.......

Search the AVS forum for reviews and such.....

Good luck with your choice......

Ironsave,

My budget is right there between $400 and $450. I have never heard of emotiva so maybe I will wait till you get yours and let me know what you think of them. The SVS is on sale for $475 and if I call and have one of my drivers pick up there I may be able to get them down to $450 and no tax because they are in Ohio. How did you here about emotiva? By the way I bought the Fortes and I have them hooked up now with the KG 5.5s and it is an awesome combo. Just need the sub to round out the bottom bottom end. Next purchase down the road some after the sub will be a nice tube amp. When will it ever end??? LOL

Cliff

Cliff.....

I am envious of your setup. :)

I heard about Emotiva because many have their amps/ preamps and they are highly regarded.

This sub is sealed, which means it has no ports or baffles; etc. Apparantly it can get down to 22hz; for a sealed sub; that is pretty good for the price.

I just kept researching, and in the end decided to take the plunge. Many on the AVS forum, which I am not a member of are giving this "best bang for buck".

Apparantly Emotiva is becoming popular as a low price yet high quality direct seller on the net.....

Here is a link to a "first look" article about these subs:

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/speakers/subwoofers/emotiva-ultra-sub-10-12-fl

I will let you know what I think when it arrives.... :)

You do have a point on the sealed encloser. I was using a M & K V 125 and it was the best music sounding sub I have heard. Unfortunetly I bought it used and it did not last but just over a year. That is one reason I am a little leary about buying another used sub.

You do have a point on the sealed encloser. I was using a M & K V 125 and it was the best music sounding sub I have heard. Unfortunetly I bought it used and it did not last but just over a year. That is one reason I am a little leary about buying another used sub.

I am leary about a used sub also. So far I have been pretty lucky; most of my equipment was bought used.

I had to change a tweeter here, refoam a surround there; etc; but a used sub scares me more.

(My KSW 10 was used, but I got it almost new; it is for sale and still very minty).

I can not justify dropping $250 or more on something that could break tomorrow.

This Emotiva warranty is 5 years parts and labor for all (including amp).

In this particular instance, I like that piece of mind.....

That is what I have to decide on now new or used. Joe in WI got back to me and his Velo sub is available. It is a great HUGE sub but what worries me is how long will it last. Value used or more dollars for NEW and piece of mind. OH, WHOA IS ME! LOL

Take Care and let me know what you think of your NEW Emotiva.

Cliff