Who is still rebuilding X-overs for Quartet, Chorus II and Academys?

alkemyst

I am not sure who is still doing this other than Bob. Back in 2005/2006 I contacted a few of our members out there and found at the time I didn't really need it...however I think now my sound isn't up to par as some other Klipsch I have heard. I am going to follow back up to my old emails and see, but I figured posting this may help others that just don't know.

I have a set of Quartets and Academy...my dad just picked up a set of Chorus II and I think has an Academy en route now :).

I want to do diaphrams and the networks. I think I'd rather have the networks pre-made as I am short on time lately and could be doing WAF projects.

Also has the A/B test of a KStack vs others ever been done yet? I have always been curious by the raves Popbumper got. They are a bit out of my price league for now, but have always been interesting to me.

Let me know, thanks

Chris

You might contact Chris (Popbumper). I know at one time he had updates for the Academy's and guys were swearing by them. He's not so active on the forum anymore as I think he damaged his hearing to some degree and has had to pull away from some of his passions.

He's a nice guy and will help if he can.

Edit: I just noticed your comments at the end about Chris. Missed them the first read...so pardon my comments, you are already aware.

Have an order coming from our Bob Crites. Chris Munson is no longer building :(. Decided to go all new networks and replace my mid and tweeter diaphragms. Hopefully get another 20 years out. I have had my Quartets since 1997.

Bob did my Quartet crossovers a year or two ago and Ireplaced the tweeter diaphragms with his titanium ones...the crossovers did less (my Quartets were barely used) but they are off the terminal cups and of much higher quality than the original Klipsch ones...the tweeter diaphragms made a big upgrade clearingup the highs...best bang for the buck IMO (I have since done this to kg2s, KG 5.5s andKG 4.5s ALL with success)...you will be pleased I bet...

Bill