Is 3 Mbs/sec fast enough?

Dr. Jim Mixon

effectviely, I have 1mbs/sec down and .8 mbs/up.

I'm supposed to have 10mbs down and 4 mbs up.

My internal network is wireless, so the quarks of wireless apply and I lose the value of the fiber connection that comes to my door.

It works fine, 4 heavy users and 1 serious gamer.

keep in mind, that most biusnesses only had, until rescently, T-1 lines which were only 1.5 mbs/sec (our building, 12 floors, 400 people).

Thanks guys for the replies. Guess I'll keep the old BD P1500; I'm so spoiled now watchin' Bluray with the 5.1 audio I'll forget about streaming Netflix.

I've gave netflix a try with their free trail needless to say it didn't last. Lack of content poor quality video and content audio was only 2 channel.

I have netflix but never used their streaming because I was dsl, 3 meg down 1.5 meg up. (true speed 328 kbps down, 128 kbps up) It could not stream properly without a lot of waiting.

I now have verizon fios 25/25 meg.

894370260.png

Its true speed is 3 megs down, 3 megs up. Given that compressed HD videos are 3 megabytes per second, it would be impossible to stream it. Supposedly I have the second highest speed fios for home, there is a 50/15 but that's about it. So until a majority of America becomes 100 meg speed (10.8 megs true download speed) I do not think we will ever be able to stream HD video given current compression standards. I had 100 meg speed at college and it was truely remarkable.