Let there be light!!!...dimmers.

jon k

i am in the process of finding IR light dimmers that are compatible with the harmony lineup of universal remotes. i know there are some out there that cost quite a bit and i am not looking to brake the bank here, any suggestions?

• Moderators

I'm currently using a 900 watt version with my 880.

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/p/133692/1355817.aspx#1355817

I believe I have the same model, the Lutron Maestro. I think it's like $40 at Lowes. Very affordable IMO. Only two negatives. It only offers one "Scene" and it's IR. My IR happens to be at the back of the room behind one of my theater chairs so until I get some form of IR repeater and put an IR receiver up front, I can't get the lights to dim with my "Watch A DVD" button on my Harmony One.

As far as functionality, I love it. Works great. The default fade was too fast so if you read the manual, you can slow the fade over 20 seconds which is a nice slow fade to black for movie time.

The Theater atmosphere is great but my favorite thing about my lighting is mornings.

I have Insteon lighting throughout my home, dimmers in every light can be controlled by my remote, several control panels and my computer, with my computer the lights are also on multiple timers.

On weekdays when I wake up for work before the sun has come up, my bedroom has a 20 minute false sunrise very gradually lighting my bedroom just before I wake up seemly like the natural sunrise making it much nicer to wake in the mornings. All the other rooms I use in the morning the lights have already turned on before I will use them as well. This makes it seem as though the sun is already up even though it may be completely dark outside and it really makes it nice waking up early in the mornings.

When going to bed I can easily hit one button on the control panel on my nightstand which will turn OFF every light in my home, of coarse the timers also work at night time to turn ON/OFF certain lights making it look as if someone is home even if no one is home for the night/week etc.

The Theater atmosphere is great but my favorite thing about my lighting is mornings.

I have Insteon lighting throughout my home, dimmers in every light can be controlled by my remote, several control panels and my computer, with my computer the lights are also on multiple timers.

On weekdays when I wake up for work before the sun has come up, my bedroom has a 20 minute false sunrise very gradually lighting my bedroom just before I wake up seemly like the natural sunrise making it much nicer to wake in the mornings. All the other rooms I use in the morning the lights have already turned on before I will use them as well. This makes it seem as though the sun is already up even though it may be completely dark outside and it really makes it nice waking up early in the mornings.

When going to bed I can easily hit one button on the control panel on my nightstand which will turn OFF every light in my home, of coarse the timers also work at night time to turn ON/OFF certain lights making it look as if someone is home even if no one is home for the night/week etc.

Very Cool!

I guess it helps being a "RICH GUY"! [;)]

Dennie

Very Cool!

I guess it helps being a "RICH GUY"! Wink

Dennie

LOL my nick is because my real name is Rich and someone I have worked with for many years has always called me Rich Guy. Believe me I may have a few expensive toys but I'm sure not rich. [;)]

Very Cool!

I guess it helps being a "RICH GUY"! Wink

Dennie

LOL my nick is because my real name is Rich and someone I have worked with for many years has always called me Rich Guy. Believe me I may have a few expensive toys but I'm sure not rich. Wink

Hey, if you hang around this place, you are RICH..... in Friendship and Fellowship!!! [Y]

I met my next door neighbors Dad and he said: "Hi I'm Rich.....well not really. People just call me that!"

I just cracked up! At least he can have fun with his name and it's a lot better than being named "Poor" or "Stupid"! LOL [;)]

Dennie - no relation to the restaurant! [^o)]

Dennie