La Scalas and RF 7's

This is not a "Versus" thread by any means, I'm sure that the consensus is that the La Scalas are the better speaker.

However, having gone back and forth between the La Scalas and 7's many many times, I've come to the conclusion that as of right now (in my life)

I do not have the room to do them justice. I think it's mostly because of how picky I am about my music, I've invested alot of time and effort in getting the 7's in the "right" place for both HT and a good 2 channel experience. Since we (the family) do so much double duty HT and myself music I'm not willing to invest my time and wall space to experimentation to get the la scalas right.

I was hoping to keep them in the same room and switch back and forth when I wanted but it will have to wait. In their (the la scalas) current shape I prefer the 7's. I need new diaphrams for the k55 to listen more critically as I'm too focused on hearing the "buzz" from the k55s.

The La Scala's sound good but due to my limited options for placement I'm lacking a coherent soundstage, instruments just sound every where and seem to shift like crazy, so mostly due to placement constraints the La Scala will have to be moved to the basement until we move to a bigger house.

So while we wait for the economy to get better and me get called back to work so we can move, I will slowly be making improvements to the La Scalas as I so want them to sound Great.

Maybe I've haven't let myself get adjusted to the 2 way vs 3 way design, the clarity is exceptional on the la scalas but something seems to be missing or not overlapping properly.

anyways, I just hooked the 7's back up

now listening to the moody blues, and prepared to watch a movie a little later

I have been wanting a pair of RF-7s so bad..... although I've never heard them. They are such beautiful speakers.....they just seem to call to me.

The only thing Im worried about is how the 2 way speaker sounds. Im so used to my 3 way Heritage stuff.

This is not a "Versus" thread by any means, I'm sure that the consensus is that the La Scalas are the better speaker.

Different? Yes. Better is subjective. Hopefully I'll have some Lascalas in the next couple months and make a better comparison. I have compared H3's to RF-5's in the same room with the same electronics however. They both have strong and weak points, but the rest is just opinion. No clear cut winner by any means, but I liked them both.

I've tried them close and fart apart. i've gon them about 18 ft apart now in corners toed in and I don't care for the soundstage.

When they are closer about 12 ft apart away from the corners and toed in the sound great, however when in the location next to the RF 7's the occupy some "bad" space,no more closet door opening.

My La Scalas are about 11' apart and 11' and 13' away from my seated position and the sound-stage can be fantastic, depending on the recording.

I may try to take them outside this summer/fall and see how they sound further apart. I can't do it in the house, as the house limits how far apart I can listen to them.

Dennie