Grounds for Divorce.

Q-Man

A guy I know decided to have new carpet and tile put down in his home while he was away on a business trip. His wife wanted tile everywhere, but he told her to have carpet put back down in the HT room. Well, needless to say when he returned a few days ago there was tile in the home theater room.

He called me today, he is so up set. He put his gear back together and said the room sounds terrible now.

Wouldn't this be grounds for divorce?

Q.

------------------

Q-Man

Slap that...

Oh, excuse me. If I was the guy, I would have a 15-car workshop/garage put in with steel roll-up doors. It's called revenge.

Was that a HOME THEATER or a MEDIA ROOM. There is a big difference. A media room is a family room with HT gear. A home theater is a room exclusivly for movies.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

First of all, it wasn't me. I had this discussion with my wife some time back when we tiled a couple rooms. The room still has carpet.

This poor guy lives in my parents neighborhood. I met him about ten years ago, but never knew we had a shared hobby untill a few months ago. I never talk about my system or this obsession, unless someone ask me. I've always found that it bores most people to tears. Even when new guest come to my home, I don't fire it up. It's like, once they see the room they run in fear. You can tell by the look on their faces that they are intimadated by the number and the size of the speakers. They must think ,that all it is is loud. I guess I need a new circle of friends.

Mike, I'll be by your way next sat. We have to go to UCF. I'll talk to the family and see if I can skip out for a while. I'll let you know. If this day is good for you let me know. But, it would probably be better to do it anothe time when I would have more time to spend with you.

I almost forgot. Yes it is his dedicated home theater/music room. Most of the family regular TV time is spent in another room.

Q.

------------------

Q-Man

This message has been edited by Q-Man on 03-29-2002 at 08:49 PM

Heres a more dificult question for you Q-Man, I'm an 18 yaer old kid, well i was back in 1985, anyway The military puts me in the U.K. way back then and in 1986 I get married, thinking in about 6 months i'll be back in the good old U.S.A. Well my English wife is scared to death of coming back to the States, so every two year extension goes buy again and agian until my times coming around finally!!!! Well you have to go now it's been almost 18 years now!!! So the time has come and my wife wants me to go on a remote assignment instead of coming back to the States, Between you and me I do love her but I've had enough with or without her i'm coming home.

Q,

Next Saturday is good for me after 1:00. Let me know if you have the time. If not, we can always plan it another day...

Mike

Edit: I just installed the new SVS driver and moved the Sub back in the corner (behind the Chorus) and am quite pleased with the results. After spending some more time with the Sub, I will hopefully have a review on the driver by the end of the week.

This message has been edited by Mike Lindsey on 03-30-2002 at 05:22 PM