HERESY HBR I Xover smoothing modification

DrTUBE

yes Bruce, in fact 1.5, some people prefer k701/k53 combo, check this pdf please (thanks to Radiogram)
I have HIIs and find them much more balanced with everything stock than the originals with the K55..

Bruce

• 1 month later...

Hi everybody

Finally i have got back my madrigal proceed where the display has been replaced by a new one, fabricated by a friend of mine

and my amplifier also recaped.

Now i have to say the sound is just perfect !

all is clearer, precise, and the bass don't roll like they were.

It's all tight and equilibrated.

Now it is difficult to say if this is the result of the mod applied to the speakers or to the new components on the amplifier.  I guess the sum of the two...

Whatever, i am very happy ! Maybe now I have to make several tests, concerning the position of the speakers, closer to the back wall or further, but by now all is fine.

Here's a jjoined picture of the entire system...

of course if you have any suggestions, be my guest please

Thank you for reading me and please excuse me for my low englishvocabulary... I used to be quite good years ago but I don't speak it a lot these days so i am missing words...

post-63373-0-70720000-1469634821_thumb.j

Jojo, the room looks nice. If I may ask, what is your native language? We have folks on here from around the world and all are welcome.

Edit: I just read through the posts again and see you are from France.

Bruce

Edited by Marvel

Hi Bruce !

That's right I am from france, living 5 kilometers from Paris.

About the room, of course it could be better but actually it is quite alright...5 meters X 4 meters.

Having a room specially dedicated to music would be so nice but unfortunately, we do what we can, don't we.

Whatever as I said it was so enjoyable to hear the speakers with a so good sound now that I made the mods on the crossover and my amplifier cleaned and recaped after 22 years of use...

I am so greatful to this forum because I found the crossover on here and for a cheap investment and only 1 hour work, it has changed a lot of things !!

Georges

• 5 months later...
On 7/6/2016 at 6:25 PM, jojo said:

...And I should have ask in my previous post ...

did you have the crossover mods in your speakers and, if so, what do you think about it ?

Georges

A much more balanced sound and the harsh upper midrange some people says is gone,  and for me after mod a big plus was obtained:  an easy load for my Marantz 2245 and 2270, before the mod  both receivers have problems with the difficult load my Heresy´s has.

mod 100% worth :emotion-21:

best regards.

Pio

photo_2017-01-03_17-09-42.jpg

• Like 1