Klipsch La Scala Pro serial numbers 1089 and 1091 LSBG

timyoung

you didn't say if they were one piece or two piece.

I bought a pair of one piece BG LaScala's Pro's from a forum member for 800.

I bought a pair of 2 piece BG LaScala pro's from another forum member for 1000

They are one piece. What condition were yours in? Mine have the normal wear you'd expect on the alluminum. Corners are all in great shape. The black glass is in perfect condition. I've attached a picture. I have them set up on the patio w/ a couple Heresy speakers. Enjoyed listening to them for a couple hours today.

th_lascala.jpg?t=1281930832

They are one piece. What condition were yours in? Mine have the normal wear you'd expect on the alluminum. Corners are all in great shape. The black glass is in perfect condition. I've attached a picture. I have them set up on the patio w/ a couple Heresy speakers. Enjoyed listening to them for a couple hours today.

th_lascala.jpg?t=1281930832

There should be more serial number then that. Are the serial numbers in pencil, or are they printed on a vynl like sticker, or are they printed ink on paper?

Roger

The serial numnbers are on the terminal cup. Similar to this posting from the forum. 002.JPG

I know where they are or should be, look at the bottom of my post, I have ALOT of Klipsch Pro, and have dealt with, owned, and seen alot more. It is possible to have any of the three types of serial numbers I listed in that location, however, the only time I have seen Pro serial numbers as short and limited as what you are saying is when they were hand written in pencil on the very first year of production of that particular model in the pro line-up.

Typicaly, the Klipsc Pro speakers have a longer serial number, and the first two numbers are the year it was produced, for example I have a Klipsch Pro TSCM top section with the serial number of 8701219, which means it was made in "87", or 1987 and the serial number is on one of those afore mentioned vynl stickers that is stuck to the pre printed part of the cup where it says serial number #. I have another TSCM top section with the serial number 1001 that is hand written in pencil on the pre printed paper in that cup. That top section is the first TSCM sold, on the first year of there production, or 1983. The 1984 and later units all have the longer serial numbers that start by designating the year. This has been the same with all of the TSCMs I have owned, Pro La Scalas, MCM pieces, and KP-600 stuff.

Roger

There is no code or log book for the pro lines. Those records have been gone for some time now. There are some things you can garner from various price lists, your's are probably late 70's or 80's- that's when most of the BG seems to have been produced. You might also get some insight by which midrange driver and network are installed.

Sounds like an earlier build to me. Most of mine carried either the K55M with AL2 or AL3 or K55M with AL network. I'd think that any LS with AA network would pre-date those so my guess is mid-late 1970's.

Michael & Tim,

I don't know for sure if the LSIs follow the same rules as home La Scalas, but the AA crossover network was used from 1971 to 1983, and the K-55V was used from 1963 through 1983, so no help there, but if the LSI follows these same guidelines, yours have to be between 1971 and 1983, and my guess would be on the earlier side of that range due to serial numbers, but again that is my best guess.

Roger

Hi Tim

One of my 1976 Belle Klipsch K55V serial numbers is 45551 and the other I couldn't read, it's to dark and the flash washed out the number. The 1976 Klipschorn has a K55V with 58084 for the serial nimber, the 1979 Klipschorn has a K55V of 134607. My guess is that its a 1977 or 1978, but the numbers would seem to lean towards 1977. I hope that other's will add to the list to help pin it down for you.

That is exactly what I have been doing. I have them maybe 10' apart slightly angled in. Then I have my chair about 20' away centered to the speakers. The weather in Central CA has been nice and sitting outside, listening to the music has been awesome! It's like listening to a concert. My kids have been telling me their friends down at the end of the block can hear them... Never thought I'd have my kids telling me to turn down the volume! [:)]

That is exactly what I have been doing. I have them maybe 10' apart slightly angled in. Then I have my chair about 20' away centered to the speakers. The weather in Central CA has been nice and sitting outside, listening to the music has been awesome! It's like listening to a concert. My kids have been telling me their friends down at the end of the block can hear them... Never thought I'd have my kids telling me to turn down the volume! Smile

I can see you smiling from here! Keep rocking mang! [;)]

Michael