the arrival of my XPA-5 - pics included

SuBXeRo

• Moderators

Worked just fine for me. Just hit Reply, then click the Insert/Edit Image (green tree icon) and paste the URL to your image and hit Ok. If it works, you will immediately see the image inserted into your post before you hit the "Post" button.

• Moderators

hhte gf (future wife, no official yet haha) has been extremely tollerent of my audio shananagans. She told me she doesnt wanna hear the word speakers anymore haha,

No problem, from now on call them transducers, driver holders, components, anything to get them in the house.

There are many hobby's that are worse and more expensive, break her in right, make her feel part of it...or not. [:P]

Also just in case things go really bad and you end up with a wife [:o] just remember it's a wife and not a boss........good luck, I will pray for you. [;)]

well, we went to ultimate electronics a couple weeks ago, i was looking at stand and i lost her. Well, low and behold i find her in the klipsch THX ultra 2 theater they have watching pirates of the carribean. I will say, when the coin hits the ocean and you hear the song being sung, the bass goes down way deeper than i thought it did. She loves theater stuff, she used to work in a movie theater and loves goes. Personally, i prefer a theater at home, i think it sounds way clearer and better but she loves the big big big screen. I think she thinks im just wasting alot of money when im not really wasting anything, im buiulding up a hobby of mine.

• Moderators

Sounds like you have some advantages as far as how she thinks about movies. I agree with you It's much better at home even it it didn't sound better than the theater.

Do you have any concert DVD's, if not get one that she would like, they sound great on a home theater.

• Moderators

the downside to having this HT gear is that i live in an apt and to truely hear a movie the way its meant to or a concert dvd, it would bother my neighbors haha. When i get into a house, ill have my fun!

That sux, BUT you will have everything needed to shake the walls when the time comes !

Your way ahead of the game, most people are happy with there TV speakers or a HTIB, to me the soundtrack is at least half the movie, especially if there is some nice music.

i completely agree, i have a sony HTIAB and im quite happy with it, it's in my bedroom and the only downside is the subwoofer is crappy but the speakers themselves are way better than the tv speakers. Hands down, the klipsch gear, even at a facrtion of their potential still blow everything else away.