And after the Hors d'oevre - the entre (lots of pics)

maxg

This is really a continuation of my previous postings and is a near-review of Christos Skalambakos' system.

My comments, as linked to in the post "In ever an on-line persona...." are here again:

http://pub4.bravenet.com/forum/fetch.php?id=9752805&usernum=297162534

But this time I thought I would add a few pics for your general enjoyment:

This is Christos' turntable:

Dsc00017.jpg

It is a hand built clear audio unit with a variety of modifications, including a top mounted, spring loaded suspension system that beggars belief.

And this is the same thing from slightly further away showing the base unit and some of the other equipment. Note the strange urn like object - it is actually a phono-stage:

Dsc00018.jpg

Here is tony pretending that this is his system rather than Christos'

Dsc00019.jpg

And finally - how long did we stay?

Dsc00023.jpg

------------------

2 * Heresy 2 (mains)

2 * Homemade horn speakers (rears)

1 * REL Strata 3 sub

Accuphase E211 amp.

Tube monoblocks with separate pre-amp (DECWARE ZTPRE with separate beefed up PSU)

Pro-ject 4 turntable with Pro-ject 9 arm and Pro-ject 6 head,

Marantz CD6000 player

Sony NS900 SACD/DVD player

Stax Headphones (on loan to a friend)

Humax 5400 digital satellite receiver

Sharp Video

32" Sony flat screen 16:9 TV

Mogami interconnects

Silver Synergistic speaker cable

WOW

I see a Wadia CD player(transport),Genesis speakers and a Jeff Rowland power amp. Oh ho ho this is serious gear.I also see some tuning anti resonance plates on top of the CD and converter!Nice

The turn table is quite a piece.

Very high class system,true High-End.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

wow, looks real classy Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

SNAZZY!

Was that display? I didn't see speakers, and the unit didn't look like it was in a spot for listening.

I WANT IT!

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Some sick systems there!Some members have true world class speakers,most setups there are over $50000 for two channels of magic. No pocket change

Give me Wilson GRAND SLAMM X-1's and I am happy,I could live the rest of my life and not upgrade.I heard the X-1 at one High-End dealer a few months back and what did strike me was its freedom from coloration,for a box speaker!Very much like a huge Klipsch the X-1 can hit you with surreal power and yet retain grip on music.The bass,ho ho no subwoofer needed.

When I taped on the cabinets DEAD SILENT,not a single weak spot!Now who has $65000 US to give me?

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Mike - the turntable I estimate cost something in the order of $25,000. He has a special cartridge on it (housed in wood I think) and the arm is clear-audio's best but much modified with his amazing suspension system (which does not show up in the photo's properly).

From memory the cartridge cost more than my whole system (maybe including the TV too)!

On Sunday I am hoping to attend my first group meeting at another members house. Should be interesting - they are all nuts!!

Obviously, it goes without saying, that if any of you on this forum come to Greece you are expected to let me know and I will arrange visits to as many of these way out systems as you can stomach.

I think we will start with mine though - dont want you to hear these things before mine - you'll puke!!

FWIW - I now have my own profile on the aca site: See my signature.

------------------

My System: http://aca.gr/pop_maxg.htm