RE: is there a blue book for old vinyl?

merkin

A lady I work with just gave me a bunch of old albums and 78's. Some of the 78's are only pressed on one side. I haven't had time to look at all the titles on the 78's yet but about 75-100 of them loose in a box some with sleeves some without. Some with the price tag and anti copyright sticker on the one sided ones. I haven't tried to play any. Is there a place to find out if I just have some novalty coasters or if they are of some value to anyone/someone. The albums are just run of the mill late 50's/ early sixties. I'll keep some and then let the rest go to good will.

I have that Queen and the AC/DC on vinyl.

What i was wondering too is i have a Frank Sanstra, Strangers in the night still in wraps but opened with some yellowing around the open end that maybe worth something.

Not much of a Sanatra fan myself anyways, looks like it may make a nice frizbee though.

* just checked feebay pricing, looks like another frizbee for poor folk.

I heard that one of the very early Direct to Disk albums of modern times (1960s, not way back when direct to disk was routine, because there was no magnetic tape) was worth upwards of $1,000 .... but I'm not sure which one .... I think it was Lincoln Mayorga on Sheffield, but can't be sure.

I have a few old one sided (bakelite?) 78s from my great aunt who died at 103 in 1984. They were from the early days of her married life, which might place them at about 1900 -1910 ??? One of them features John McCormac.