Epic CF-4 and KV4 should I buy?

bnax

I have been debating picking up a set of Epic CF-4's along with the matching KV4 from a guy on craigs list.

I have never heard these as of yet, but I was wanting to know how people felt about these for music and movies. The sub in the setup is a SW 12 II. I though it might need to be upgraded for movies, but should be ok for music.

I also have not picked up a new reciver yet for these, but I have read that they should be biamped to tame the horn down a bit.

(2) CF-4 floor standing speakers

(1) KV-4 Center Channel

(1) SW-12 II Sub

They are asking 1,000 for the setup. Is the price fair?

Klipsch Epic CF4 speakers (pair)

Part # - Epic-CF4-cherry

Serial# - 305591941

Part # - Epic-CF4-cherry

Serial# - 305591942

Klipsch Mid Range

Part # - KV4BLKVINYL

Serial # - 10960137

Klipsch Subwoofer

Part# - SUBWIZII cherry

Serial# - 019690137

The price is right and that system will make for an incredible front stage. Add some CF-1's or 2's to the rear and you will have a system to be reckoned with. I say get going before they are gone.

The CF-4's have different series to them with the earlier versions being more desirable. Port length was a determining factor, do a search and you will get a ton of info and opinions. One guy on here runs a 5 channel system all CF-4's - talk about awesome!

• Moderators

My first Klipsch setup was the CF-2's and KV-3. They provided me great enjoyment. The only think I did not like was the tweeter being in the center of the speaker. When I purchased my RF-83's, the sound was "taller" and enveloped me more than the CF-2's did, but nonetheless, they were great speakers.

• 2 months later...