RF63's vs RF82's worth the trade?

CHASLS2

Do it, do it, do it. Negotiate it down to +400.00 but still do it. While the RF-82's are one heck of a pair of speakers, the refinement of the RF-63's are worth the extra $$$. Real wood veneer is worth at least $300.00 and the upgraded internals are worth even more. IMO.

Bill

• Moderators

I hope the 63's don't over power my RC52 center and RS42 rears.

The rears will be fine...not sure about the RC-52. I once heard the RF-82's with the RC-52 and I wasn't impressed at all. The RC-52 just couldn't keep up. It could have not been adjusted properly within the receiver.

The RF-63's are designed to mate with the RC-64 so my guess.......the RC-52 will struggle. You might have to turn down the RF-63's or boost the RC-52 to get their volumes to match. The RC-52 is not voiced matched to the RF-63. The RF-63's are more efficient at 99db sensitivity, where the RC-52 is 96db.

What center is your friend using with them? Maybe he will sell you his?

Got the RF63's home and hooked up, did a fast demo of them on my Pioneer Elite DV-59 AVI and a Pioneer 1120k receiver and they sound great. I have yet to do a auto cal using the mic with the 1120k and will do that tonite now that i don't plan on changing speakers for a while, i hope.

Got the RF63's home and hooked up, did a fast demo of them on my Pioneer Elite DV-59 AVI and a Pioneer 1120k receiver and they sound great. I have yet to do a auto cal using the mic with the 1120k and will do that tonite now that i don't plan on changing speakers for a while, i hope.

I have owned my RF-63's for over 2 years and have no desire to replace them. I have not replaced them but have only added: RC-64, RS-35's, Heresy's, Forte's, Quartet's, RB-5's. Am I addicted?[:$] Good thing is that all the speakers I have obtained since I got my RF-63's cost me less than the RF-63's retailed for(I paid $1000.00 for them used).[Y][:D]

Don't forget to post pictures of your new babies.

Bill