Anyone have opinions on the Pioner Elite BDP31fD Blu Ray player

substance-p

Looking for a new Bluray player and came across one of these for $249 http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/HomeEntertainment/Blu-rayDisc+DVD/EliteBlu-rayDiscPlayers/ci.BDP-31FD.Kuro

250 is the upper range of what I want to drop on a blu ray player and I don't know if this one would be any better than an LG/Panasonic/etc. for about 150.

any thoughts?

• Moderators

Not the one your talking about but we got a BD player last week, do you have wireless internet or a way to get a wire to you stereo area and a good enough internet connection ?

The only reason I ask is now many players have wireless and wired connections. I got the samsung BD-C6500 and the wireless works great for netflix and especially internet radio stations which sound much better than I had expected. The player goes from $199-$229 with the normal price of $249. I read a ton of reviews and the picture and sound is rated very good from what I have read.

The internet was not hard to set up and works well, at least what i have tried so far, also CD's sound pretty good, I haven't tried any photos on it yet. We have had it about a week so far, and have had no problems with anything.

Just another option in the same price range.

Thanks for the additional suggestion. I do have a wired ethernet adapter in this location that I currently have the PS3 hooked up to. The gen 1 PS3 is getting retired (way too tempermental for a primary watching/listening area).

I'll explore the option you suggested as well. The new TV streams netflix directly too. I would love to get a DVD player with Pandora but it isn't necessary.