Anyone use multiple fronts?

SuBXeRo

Anyone use multiple Left and Right's together. Just curious, i would think it would kind of increase the sound stage if you space the speakers apart.

Actually one of the the worst things you can do is put speakers far apart that are playing the same material.

One recommended way is to take two identical speakers and set one on top of the other with the top one upside-down. That helps reduce comb filtering effects. There's a picture out there where someone had 4 KLF-30s up front set up that way. Looked amazing and I"m sure it sounded amazing too.

well, my thought were that you could place two towers and butt them together and not really have a gap. This would in turn create a larger soundstage as in a larger output, more air moving and create a bigger feel for the movie, kinda like watching star wars and the there a wall of pew pew coming at you. I also got the idea frommovie theaters, they have multiple side surrounds but i know thats because they are so long and the distance between speakers is further than i would be placing them apart if i ever did or if this scenario ever played out.

TBH i am very content with what i have right now. Last night i played a multitude of music streaming from my comp to my UMC-1 processor, i just put the audio pass-thru on and heard the music unchanged by the processor and heard the way it was meant to be heard on this speakers, full range on, bass rattling a bit, turned up a bit and it was fantastic. The guy downstairs was gone so i took advantage of the moment. I listened to wallking in the aie by nightwish and some R.E.M. and some no doubt, dj tiesto - let it be. All of it sounded great, just the towers, good bass, very lively and crisp sounding. I find that the louder they are the better they shine, most of my listening is low but when i get the chance to actually turn it up they sound so much better!