Just auditioned The RF7II and RF82II : ) Edit They have arrived with pics for your enjoyment

TheFactor

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

factor so which route are you gonna go denon,onkyo,marantz or emotiva ?????? honestly just go with the most bang for your buck thats what i would do but thats me good luck picking

Still undecided but I should have it narrowed down by next weekend I hope . Still doing some more research .

TheFactor, How much do your Emotiva's play in the sound? I mean, you mentioned your Pio was on the bright side and I am just wondering if the amps have something to do with that?... The reason I ask is I am also looking for a new receiver and Pio was one of my choices. Now that I have an actual Klipsch owner say that he found his Pio on the bright side has me looking more at the Denon 3311.

TheFactor, How much do your Emotiva's play in the sound? I mean, you mentioned your Pio was on the bright side and I am just wondering if the amps have something to do with that?... The reason I ask is I am also looking for a new receiver and Pio was one of my choices. Now that I have an actual Klipsch owner say that he found his Pio on the bright side has me looking more at the Denon 3311.

Hi Mike its for sure the Pioneer because I hooked my 20 year old flagship Yamaha just for kicks and it was way less bright . I would not run a Pioneer avr with Klipsch imo . I would go Denon 3311ci and thats one im looking at also .

What's your opinion on Onkyo?.. I like what I see from a spec sheet stand point but I have to say, I'm a bit put off by a lot of the reliability issues I've come across. I wonder how much of it is user error or the fact that they sell more the the compitition.

What's your opinion on Onkyo?.. I like what I see from a spec sheet stand point but I have to say, I'm a bit put off by a lot of the reliability issues I've come across. I wonder how much of it is user error or the fact that they sell more the the compitition.

Most of the owners like them, they do run hot so I'd make sure were your going to have it will have proper ventilation . The 808 seems to have alot of bang for the buck. I've never really heard one but read that there probably in the middle of the scale of bright and warm. Brighter then the Denon but I think we'd be ok matching them with Klipsch "just a hunch " ; ) One thing i've learned over the years Mike is that just about every peice of gear you can find your going to see that folks are going to post problems they've experienced on Forums so you have to weigh everything out and realise that out of 1000's of products sold its a very small percent that will have problems but it seems like more when your reading about them on forums with just a few folks . Again imo I think Onkyo is a good AVR and the 808 has alot of bang for the buck . Myself I keep getting drawn to the Denon 3311ci for some reason .

i have a question i was messing around with my ps3 and one of my hard drives and i put on a movie that had dts audio format and i couldnt get any sound but if i play anything else i get sound. checked the setting on my ps3 and everything seems fine to me plz help

i have a question i was messing around with my ps3 and one of my hard drives and i put on a movie that had dts audio format and i couldnt get any sound but if i play anything else i get sound. checked the setting on my ps3 and everything seems fine to me plz help

I dont own a ps3 so im sorry I cant be much help but I would be willing to bet its your ps3 setup menu since everything else plays fine . Try going back in the menu of your ps3 and see if you accidently changed something . Also you might want start a thread if you cant figure it out so more folks will see it that can help you out . Let me know if you figure it out .

FYI i have an 8 year old pioneer elite receiver and a comparable 8 year old denon receiver. The pioneer (mind you this is the amp section and processing) is actually a solidly warm receiver. The denon is obviously brighter. I would recommend you go listen to a few different brands if at all possible.

Thanks for taking the time to give me your perspective and experience . I've ownen a Denon before my Pio elite and thought it was not as bright but that was just my observation . I will be going out this weekend and auditioning some AVRs . I think im leaning towards a Marantz SR6005 or SR7005 and i've heard some good things about the Anthem also .