Just auditioned The RF7II and RF82II : ) Edit They have arrived with pics for your enjoyment

TheFactor

Could it be that the aluminum edge trim makes them look a bit bigger? Relative to the wheel size, they look about right.

Perspective can be tricky. The front and rear wheels are almost certainly the same size, yet the front ones look bigger in the photo.

Man, we really hijacked this thread!

To get back to the OP, who said "Again the 82's sounded great the 7s said take me home : )", well, I'd say listen to what the speakers are telling you.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could it be that the aluminum edge trim makes them look a bit bigger? Relative to the wheel size, they look about right.

Perspective can be tricky. The front and rear wheels are almost certainly the same size, yet the front ones look bigger in the photo.

Man, we really hijacked this thread!

To get back to the OP, who said "Again the 82's sounded great the 7s said take me home : )", well, I'd say listen to what the speakers are telling you.

No worries i've done some hijacking myself in my day so guess it was my turn lol But yes I really like the 7's and might have to pick them up soon ; )

Well just pulled the trigger on some RF7II's Big Smile

[Y][Y] Congrats!! I know you're going to love them especially since you loved them in the store. Be sure to give us your impressions once you get them set up in your system and have had a chance to break them in a little. And don't forget to tell us what you have powering those beasts. And post some unboxing pics too! Alright thats all the requests I have now, lol. Enjoy your speakers! Your home theater just got a pretty awesome upgrade! What finish did you get?

Well just pulled the trigger on some RF7II's Big Smile

YesYes Congrats!! I know you're going to love them especially since you loved them in the store. Be sure to give us your impressions once you get them set up in your system and have had a chance to break them in a little. And don't forget to tell us what you have powering those beasts. And post some unboxing pics too! Alright thats all the requests I have now, lol. Enjoy your speakers! Your home theater just got a pretty awesome upgrade! What finish did you get?

LOL Yes to all of the above and hope I like them to but I figured the same thing if I liked them at the store I should love them even more at home . My gear is listed in my sig minus the front stage center and left and right studios .

Wish I could help you but alI I can tell you is the 7II'S sounded incredible !! But as you know everyone has different taste and like all speakers and manufactures im sure there will be many different oppinions because folks always hear things differently whether its amps, avr's or speakers . This I know im very excited to be getting mine saturday : )

Just found out today from my dealer that they actually did finally get the RF-7II in and I went in and listen to them so now I have a very good idea how they compare to the RF-7. They do sound wonderful, I'll post my review in the 2 channel section since I only listened to them in 2 channel. Enjoy your new RF-7II, I know you will! [:)]

Nice im glad you had a chance to audition them im sure they will start to become more available as the days go on at everyones local HT shops and I think they'll like what they hear . I know I did even when comparing them to my studio 60's ; ) I imagine you own the 7's and thats why you wanted to compare the two . I've been told that they should sound even better after there broke in so that will be a treat considering how good they sound now !!

Awww hey don't tease me with a mention of pics. I don't see them! [:P] Can't wait until they're approved. And I'm glad you're happy. And its an added bonus that they actually sound better than at the shop! Did you have a hard time lifting them? Do you prefer the grill on or grill off look since its not a full grill? And wow you just made a liar of me. When I originally posted the pics weren't up. I see getting the 7s wasn't enough. You had to prove me wrong too! LOL

Awww hey don't tease me with a mention of pics. I don't see them! Stick out tongue Can't wait until they're approved. And I'm glad you're happy. And its an added bonus that they actually sound better than at the shop! Did you have a hard time lifting them? Do you prefer the grill on or grill off look since its not a full grill? And wow you just made a liar of me. When I originally posted the pics weren't up. I see getting the 7s wasn't enough. You had to prove me wrong too! LOL

Thanks[:D] Yes there pretty heavy and there beautiful speakers I like them just the same grills off and on !