Just auditioned The RF7II and RF82II : ) Edit They have arrived with pics for your enjoyment

TheFactor

Just got back from auditioning The Klipsch RF7II and I must say :eek: there fricken huge I mean I knew the dimensions but actualy seeing them there 4ft tall with dual 10 inch drivers and are absolutely beautiful in the black veneer . I think the cherrys out because it would make them look even bigger in my HT. Now for the sound MMMmmm MMMMMMMMMMMMM :rock: VERY CRISP and dynamic I totaly love the sound its in your face but not to much. Not as laid back as what im use to it actually took a good 30 minutes before they started to grow on me and getting use to the new sound. I listened for a total of about 90 minutes switching back from the 82II and the 7II . I was hoping I'd like the 82 as much because of the smaller foot print and price difference :eek: But no such luck although I think if I didnt do a A B comparison I would of been happy with the 82's but 7's just sounded more defined and just more open sounding. Anyway so now its time to get my tape rule out and do some measuring to see if they'll fit its going to be tight:eek: Again the 82's sounded great the 7s said take me home : )

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your quick impression of the 82 II's vs the RF-7 II's. How would you compare the bass/mid response between the two? Makes you wonder if the larger compression driver option was available on the 82 II's if that would have made up all the difference you heard? Alas, that's not an option :)

Yes, those four foot tall speakers are huge. You should get a pair of the compact, barely three feet tall, La Scalas. They are much easier to see over when you're sitting down. Big Smile

I would go with Belles myself . Shorter , shallower and just a bit wider than LaScalas . They litterally dissapear in a room . Posted Image Barely noticable

Thanks for your quick impression of the 82 II's vs the RF-7 II's. How would you compare the bass/mid response between the two? Makes you wonder if the larger compression driver option was available on the 82 II's if that would have made up all the difference you heard? Alas, that's not an option :)

YW I think the best way to describe the difference is a wider sound stage with the 7's and it almost sounded like the highs and vocals were more defined and when I switched back and fourth the sound just seemed to fill the room more with the 7's . Again the 82's were very nice but there was a definite difference and at the price there should be and there was . I think I would of been happy with the 82's if I didnt here the 7's and do a A B comparison .

Yes, those four foot tall speakers are huge. You should get a pair of the compact, barely three feet tall, La Scalas. They are much easier to see over when you're sitting down. Big Smile

I would go with Belles myself . Shorter , shallower and just a bit wider than LaScalas . They litterally dissapear in a room . DSCN3047.jpg Barely noticable
VERY NICE !!!

Somewhere in Canada I suspect .

Oh no you didnt !!!!! Hmm
I figured it was a good call since Islander who posted the pics of the car lives there . It's probably running around somewhere in BC with a saggy butt . No offense eeh .
No offence taken I actually thought it was pretty funny : )