Just auditioned The RF7II and RF82II : ) Edit They have arrived with pics for your enjoyment

TheFactor

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was trying to give those huge dual ports in the back some breathing room so there about 20" from the back wall and my center will be on its own stand in front of the display so it will be in line with my fronts at that position.

I believe the general rule of thumb is that the port opening need only be its own diameter away from the nearest surface in order to not affect its tuning point. So with a 3" port, you could get as close as 3" to the rear wall.

The only reason I asked is because pushing the speaker back a bit should help its low frequency extension due to boundary gain effects. But hey, if they sound good where they're at, then might as well leave em where they're at.

So what did you own before upgrading to the RF-7II?

Yes the low end is really good on these 7's theres a great balance of highs and lows they really do sound good were there at but I appreciate the suggestions . I previously had Paradigm studio v4 60's for my fronts and a cc-690 for my center I was very happy with them but was board with them after a few years so decided to give Klipsch a try and so glad I did im happier then i've ever been with any speakers before !

Ummm are you like my long lost twin or something? You got the speakers I want plus the subs that I want and now you got a Klipsch plaque too? I like it and was actually thinking about doing the same thing. Getting a Klipsch, SVS, and Denon plaque for the front once its setup. And some of those signs that you can hang on the wall for the cave. But I like it. It blends well with the system. It looks right at home there. Alright don't take anymore of my ideas ok? LOL

Ummm are you like my long lost twin or something? You got the speakers I want plus the subs that I want and now you got a Klipsch plaque too? I like it and was actually thinking about doing the same thing. Getting a Klipsch, SVS, and Denon plaque for the front once its setup. And some of those signs that you can hang on the wall for the cave. But I like it. It blends well with the system. It looks right at home there. Alright don't take anymore of my ideas ok? LOL

LOL Thanks : ) you know its highly possible we could be long lost twins or it could be that great minds think a like [;)] It really is a match made in heaven the subs blend well with the 7's and compliment each other . Oh and btw I better not show you the Klipsch wall plaque I just bought to [:D][:P] Posted Image

See what I mean? As soon as I get the words out about buying the sign you can hang on the wall you show me a pic of one. LOL. Yeah we're definitely thinking alike. When I get all setup everyone is going to think I copied your setup. Oh well, its an amazing setup. And I must say The 7s actually look good with the grills. I don't really like the new style grills so I removed mine from my RB 61 IIs but the 7s actually look good with it. I guess maybe because it isn't a full grill? Nonetheless we all expect a full report once you get your center and break everything in. If by some small chance you end up disliking the 7s I'll be happy to come pick them up for you. [:P]

a very nice plaque. you are a proud daddy!

hey i prefer listening to these speaks with the grills off. i think the highs get toned down a bit with them on. you have a preference?

currently listening to "gling glo" album (bjork) wow that is one talented gal. most stuff already sounds great but this album is a cut above.

See what I mean? As soon as I get the words out about buying the sign you can hang on the wall you show me a pic of one. LOL. Yeah we're definitely thinking alike. When I get all setup everyone is going to think I copied your setup. Oh well, its an amazing setup. And I must say The 7s actually look good with the grills. I don't really like the new style grills so I removed mine from my RB 61 IIs but the 7s actually look good with it. I guess maybe because it isn't a full grill? Nonetheless we all expect a full report once you get your center and break everything in. If by some small chance you end up disliking the 7s I'll be happy to come pick them up for you. Stick out tongue

LOL Thanks , yes I cant wait to get the 64 that will be the frosting on the cake ! I agree the half grills do look cool and the speaker looks great with or without them . Yes a full report will be in order ; )

a very nice plaque. you are a proud daddy! hey i prefer listening to these speaks with the grills off. i think the highs get toned down a bit with them on. you have a preference? currently listening to "gling glo" album (bjork) wow that is one talented gal. most stuff already sounds great but this album is a cut above.

Thats funny I do feel like a proud dad lol , I really havent done any comparing with the grill on or off mostly been listening with them on . I'll have to check out her album thanks for the tip !

I don't want you to suffer the torture of not having a complete setup so I'll go through the torture for you until your center comes in. You can drop off the setup at my house. The plaque looks good. It'll look good on my wall. lol. So do those acoustic panels really work? What type of sound differences do you notice?

I don't want you to suffer the torture of not having a complete setup so I'll go through the torture for you until your center comes in. You can drop off the setup at my house. The plaque looks good. It'll look good on my wall. lol. So do those acoustic panels really work? What type of sound differences do you notice?

LOL Thanks man ! But can you at least pay for shipping ?[:P] Yes the panels work great there actually GIK 6'' Bass traps and on my back wall are some GIK Elite 4'' acoustic panels . They should actually work better on the front stage and the bass traps in the rear but I tryed them both locations and it seems to sound better with the bass traps up front . I noticed improvement wright when I put them up everything sounded better the highs and the lows . Cant really explain it but there is a difference and I highly reccomend room treatments . I intended on putting more up like corner bass traps and some more Acoustic panels but got side tracked with a amp and new speakers [:$] But im very happy although I am short a 64 II at the moment : ( as you know lol . Heres a pic of my rear panels.Posted ImagePosted Image

Just got around to installing the spikes on the feet of my RF7 II's and decided to listen to and watch Return to Forever a live concert in 2008 at Montremx With Chick Corea , Stanley Clark and Lenny White I just picked up from Amazon on a bluray disc. OMG you guys have really got to pick this one up it will really make your Klipsch speakers shine, my 7's sounded so good I felt like I was there . I only listened to it in pure direct and was all I needed the highs were crystal clear and when they did a solo on the drums and bass guitar the bass was so tight and solid i've never heard such accuracy and tight bass from a tower speaker before in my life . You guys real need to pick this one up and enjoy ! Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...