Problems, what to do, need advice again.

smiles1014

I have a problem. In the head. [^o)] And in my HT setup, I have too many Klipsch speakers now.

My system:

RF-7 Current Fronts

RF-5 Current Rears

RF-3 II (Newly acquired from brother)

RS-62 II (Newly acquired)

RC-7 Current Center

RSW-12 Subwoofer

Running on a Pioneer Elite SC-27

What should my setup be? Confused. Thanks in advance.

Thanks. I guess my biggest issue is these:

1. RF-5 Rear surrounds & RS-62s as side surrounds

2. RF-5s Rear surrounds & RF-3's as side surrounds

3. Either of the above leaves me with a pair of non used with no other home. The wife has explicitly said "no big, ugly, heavy, obstacles in the bedroom."

4. So what is better, the RS-62s or RF-3's as side surrounds.

5. Anybody what to buy a pair of RF-3 IIs? LOL

I've used two pairs of WDST speakers as side surrounds and two pairs of floorstanding speakers as side surrounds. First was SS-1s, then RS-42s, then KG 3.5s and then my current Fortes. I do listen to a lot of music in addition to watching movies so I preferred my KG 3.5s and current Fortes over previous surrounds I've had. I have my surrounds on 24" stands so their height is perfect for surround effects. Even though they are a direct-radiating design they still do an excellent job at surround effects.

I wonder if anyone has ever used floorstanding speakers as side surrounds and mounted WDST speakers on top of them? Then rig up a switch that allows you to toggle between the two pairs depending on what you're watching or listening to.

...a switch that allows you to toggle between the two pairs depending on what you're watching or listening to.

I have this SPS-4 from Niles. Easy toy to A/B with. You end up with speaker wire eveywhere, but it beats switching wires out everytime while comparing. Rated at 100 watts RMS, it's under what many power amps put out.

Neat idea making it a dedicated, permanent device switching between music or theater sessions.

NILES SPS4.pdf

NILES SPS4.pdf

I wonder if anyone has ever used floorstanding speakers as side surrounds and mounted WDST speakers on top of them? Then rig up a switch that allows you to toggle between the two pairs depending on what you're watching or listening to.

I have:

SideSurroundsMedium.jpg

My Denon reciever that I am using as a pre-pro has a built in ability to switch between an 'A' surround and 'B' surround, in addition to retaining the setting depending on what source I have selected. I found that for music listening, I prefer the sound of the RF-5s and for general TV watching or watching movies, I found that I prefered the sound of the RS-7s. This gives me the best of both worlds. Perhaps this is something the original poster should consider trying. If the his reciever itself does not have the ability two switch, than perhaps getting one of those speaker selectors as previously mentioned is worth checking out.