what seems to be happening to tthe pricing on hereseys???

Schu

Buyer paid way too much IMO. In my area people can't sell Hereseys for much more than $300.

I'd buy them at that price, very clean, nice grills and original boxes... fair price for all IMO. Around here prices have jumped on all Heritage Klipsch, especially Heresy and Cornwall. A listing on CL today is asking $400 for Heresies... each that is. I fear the days of reasonably priced Klipsch Heritage speakers is drawing to an end. Blame the internet as sellers are more educated than ever before, blame the prices of new Heritage (or the price of any new speaker for that matter) and lastly; blame inflation or those who've already prepared for the massive inflation this country will face very soon. My advise, buy now and start enjoying the sound as soon as possible.

Buyer paid way too much IMO. In my area people can't sell Hereseys for much more than $300.

I'd buy them at that price, very clean, nice grills and original boxes... fair price for all IMO. Around here prices have jumped on all Heritage Klipsch, especially Heresy and Cornwall. A listing on CL today is asking $400 for Heresies... each that is. I fear the days of reasonably priced Klipsch Heritage speakers is drawing to an end. Blame the internet as sellers are more educated than ever before, blame the prices of new Heritage (or the price of any new speaker for that matter) and lastly; blame inflation or those who've already prepared for the massive inflation this country will face very soon. My advise, buy now and start enjoying the sound as soon as possible.

Good thing I have 2 pairs of Hereseys. 1 pair I'd like to sell and maybe a beautiful pair of Cornwalls and or KG 5.5s. When the local economy picks up I should be able to get what I paid for or make $$$ on them.

My advise, buy now and start enjoying the sound as soon as possible.

I agree! I guess the word is out and people are buying them up. [:(]

Heresey III's (new) are $799 each with free shipping. [^o)]

Dennie

My advise, buy now and start enjoying the sound as soon as possible.

I agree! I guess the word is out and people are buying them up. Sad

Heresey III's (new) are $799 each with free shipping. Hmm

Dennie

That's exactly what I don't understand, and it's a better speaker than any of the previous generations. III's are a really good deal; USA made, excellent sound, lasting build quality and great resale value. Based on that, you'd think vintage Heresy would sell for between $300-400 like they had for some time... but suddenly used prices have jumped. I'm thinking that, in this economy, perhaps there are more buyers in the price range of used Heresies and that demand is driving up prices.

It's a seller's market right now for used Heresy's. Several factors; first they are not as "plentiful" as they were in previous years. The great mass of used ones in previous years were often junk from age, abuse, etc. What's left seem to often be in better quality. Second is the overall price of a pair of new ones is still beyond the reach of the great masses. While the H-III is the best deal and a superb speaker, a pair of used ones with new caps, maybe new tweets and new woofers will still likely be less than the cost of a single new one. It's really a shame about the rising costs; many folks who otherwise would buy a pair of used ones, discover the sound, and then aim towards a new pair of Heritage, are now unable to break into the legendary sound.

[H]