NEED HELP with a pair of beat up RF-7's

gfalk1

Hi, I came across a pair of RF-7's, that I went and checked out, but they are in a little rough shape, and need to know if I buy them, can they be fixed up, one of the dust caps on a woofer, looks like it as a hole about 1/8th of an inch long or it's a deep indent, doesn't appear to effect the sound, another woofer as about a 3 inch scrape that is slightly indented on the copper part of the woofer, again doesn't seem to effect the sound, there is one leg missing off one of them, both grills have the top two pegs broken off, other then that everything else seemes to be in good shape, he had it hooked up to a little boombox, and turned it up loud and they both sounded fine, what do you think they are worth and should I fix them and if so about how much would it cost, can legs for them be purchased, I am looking to buy a pair of these and I thought if I bought these ones, I would use them as rear speakers and buy a better condition pair of RF-7's for the front, any help would be great.

I'm not sure on the cost but I think the best thing to do is to call Klipsch and see if their parts dept has the items you're looking for. You can also search ebay for parts but I don't know if they have any for the 7s. I know they have random parts for other Klipsch speakers so you may find what you need on there. Good luck.

Guest davidness

For many, the general thinking is: dust caps... Not worth worrying about. Creases in the copper cones could result in distortion, so i've replaced my drivers in thoses cases. I run my RF-7's without the feet. In some cases, i've been able to rub out creases with a warm finger from the back side.