Image One...

jrod

• Moderators

The Audio Advisor X5 deal was ok because that was a close-out model.

And you are correct, if the item is "shipped and sold" by Amazon, then that is ok, but when it's "shipped and sold" by somone else *on* Amazon, you need to do some research to make sure that reseller is on the up-and-up.

Good point, Ben!

I hope that was close-out of the X5 in original packaging and new and improved strain reliefs (gasoline proof?)? For some reason I think the packaging and accessories are different when I last looked. Kind of like when the Image x10i came out the standard Image x10i packaging changed?

I'll be really sad if the Image X5 is no longer available. I think they sound better than the x10. A lot better to me.

I hope that was close-out of the X5 in original packaging and new and improved strain reliefs (gasoline proof?)? For some reason I think the packaging and accessories are different when I last looked. Kind of like when the Image x10i came out the standard Image x10i packaging changed?

I'll be really sad if the Image X5 is no longer available. I think they sound better than the x10. A lot better to me.

You right on the money with that one Ben, I doubt any other single BA IEM can touch the X-5s with a ten foot pole...They never disappoint, no matter what I listen trough them.

Update.

I've had my image ones for almost three weeks now. I have roughy 200 hours of play and some burn in on them. The sound has mellowed out. The bass has calmed down a bit certainly not as boomy as it was new. As a reference I have some AKG K701's which are about the most neutral headphones and very "bass shy" cans out. So they are my baseline comparison for bass response for other cans. And how so many cans have bass boost built into them. I think the Image ones have a happy medium while not neutral at all the bass isn't over blown either. The sounds stage is still a bit tight. I do wish for a little more seperation with them. I listen to a lot of jazz (horn jazz) Miles, Marsalis, Sean Jones and separation or lack there of is really noticeable on certain songs. Overall I'm happy with the Image Ones. They are a "fun" can. They fit the bill for what they are designed for.

• Like 1

I will agree, I would like to see how well they sound. I am looking for a decent pair for air travel. The closed backs and integrated microphone interest me.

I have some Sennheiser HD-595's which I use when my Heritage speakers cannot be cranked up. They are pretty darn good, I paid $250 3 years ago. They are $150 with free shipping from Amazon right now. My only complaint is not a complaint, but a note about the design. They are open-aire which means the sound "bleeds" from them... the good news is you can hear people talking to you, the bad news is they can hear your tunes.

Not trying to pimp out other brands of headphones, I love my Kliphsch speakers. It's just not their bread and butter, you know.

As far as headphones go, get them from Amazon (only direct if an authorized seller) if available as pricing is lowest usually. Otherwise I would go to headphone.com and search; they have the other Klipsch Image line, just not the Image One (yet). Also this is the best place to see decent reviews and compare against other models.

I believe the Image One are on ear and not circumaual to seal aound ear so even though closed back will isolate sound better than open backed 'phones such as my Grado SR 60's will probably not block out near enough sound for air flight. Any of the Image models, esecially with double flanges will work much better than that.

I believe the Image One are on ear and not circumaual to seal aound ear so even though closed back will isolate sound better than open backed 'phones such as my Grado SR 60's will probably not block out near enough sound for air flight. Any of the Image models, esecially with double flanges will work much better than that.

Open aire type designs such as the one you mentioned or some of the Senn HD series like the 238 or the 600's do not provide any level of noise attenuation, therefore those are not suitable for audition in a noisy environment or when you would disturb others with the music material that will be quiet audible around you. I'm yet to find though any IEMs or closed type headphones that would offer the nice airy sound, unbelievable details and multi-layered sound stage the open cans put out. Even the cheapo HD-238 would beat the daylight out of many full size AE closed cans that are many times more expensive. That said, I'm still glad to witness the birth of the first Klipsch headphones, let's hope that the design will perform strong enough on the market to allow the evolution and a more luxurious Image model will come forth with the voicing of the awesome X-5 and nice airy sound.

Sorry to hijack, but I'm on the verge of selling my image one. After about 1 week of usage, I find that my outer ear hurts(well not so much) but it is just annoying. Ithink it's because of the pressure/tightness of the headphones. You see my head and ear size is a tad bit bigger than average. Any help and recommendations? Thanks so much!

To update, I find that it hurts less than the week after I bought it. If I were to sell it I couldn't find any other headphones that has the sq of klipsch and it's functionality(remote,mic etc.), and I don't like the beats line so overpriced and too bassy. I'll give it a month more of usage and then decide. But now I'm really enjoying it!

• 3 weeks later...

I'll chime in now with my thoughts. I've had my One's for about two weeks. They seemed pretty bright right out of the box (like some have said) but have mellowed somewhat with some steady break-in/usage. I enjoy the sq.

They are what they are, and nice, little (I mean that literally, they are smaller than I thought), can. If you are used to "active" noise-cancelling, you may not like these. If you are in a noisy environment (plane, subway, etc...) you have to crank them pretty good to drowned out ambient sound (probably not a problem for us Klipsch-heads, I personally like it quite loud!).

For $150 you can't really go wrong. The build quality is lightyears ahead of any of the "Beats" by Dre crap, even at half the price. I also really like the traveling case (I travel a lot for work), the cup section folds flat for easier transport, nice touch.

All and all a nice, relatively cheap, set of cans.

Jrod

for those that have experience both... if I am ultimately looking for the best sound(from klipsch)and best outside noise supression, would I be better off with the x10's or these on ear image ones? I prefer on ear, but I am looking for great sound and a outside noise barrier.

I also have been thinking about waiting and getting grado RS's.but those are open platform.

for those that have experience both... if I am ultimately looking for the best sound(from klipsch)and best outside noise supression, would I be better off with the x10's or these on ear image ones? I prefer on ear, but I am looking for great sound and a outside noise barrier.

I've not (yet) been able to try Image One but it's really no contest. The Image One do not isolate noise. They are on ear. They may be closed back but that's not going to block much sound. The Image x10's isoate outside sound very well. If you want to really isolate sound, get some Pro Ears hearing protectors, passive or active, and use them over your Image x10. Probably overkill for must but that's what I do (passive) when I mow or operate the string trimmer.

Coytee uses the active with Custom 3 when he operates Brutus his humungo John Deere back hoe ....

The Image x10 and other Image models are noise isolating. Any on ear are not. It's as simple as that.

I also have been thinking about waiting and getting grado RS's.but those are open platform.

Grado's are wonderful open air headphones. I've enjoyred my SR60's for years. They've fixed them twice for free the first time under warranty with receipt etc etc for plug gone bad that I had cut off and then called to find out which wire was left, right, ground, etc and how do I fit the nice sturdy cable into the puny Radio Shack replacement. The nice lady said you need to talk to John so I talked to John Grado who told me to send them in so I did, back good as new within about a week. Fast forward over a decade and one of the plastic yokes had cracked, the headband was splitting so I emailed and asked about how to fix... and they said send them in. Arrived back within a couple of weeks with everything reparied and new and improved yokes so better than new and already broken in. [:D] I think this was since I got my Custom 2 and/or Image x10 or jjust before?

Anyway. I managed to attend this crazy event in 2007 at Klipsch called the Pilgrimage and one of the demos was of in ear monitors. Got to try at lwast the IMAGE and Custom 1 prototypes. Not sure I tried the Custom 3 prototype as it was well a very early prototype. Totally mind boggling, especially the IMAGE (original name). The Legendary Sound of Klipsch that fits in your ears.

And if you're turning up on ear open back 'phones loud enough to block out airplane, subway, or other noise... you are most likely going to damage your hearing. Much less chance for hearing loss to be able to hear your music with Image x10 on say an airplane.

Ah, I hope you do enjoy them! For the price point, I think this is pretty packed. Good sq, remote, mic, semi-thick cables, soft foam, etc. compared to the Beats line. Like I said here, they hurt my hears for about a week but I constantly searched for the sweet spot and I think I found it. So, I'm enjoying them right now. :)

I literally just unwrapped the Image ones...

first impression about build quality is good. I love the initial feel and materials used. I hope they hold up over time because I love how they look and feel. ear cups are pretty small'ish but they fit my ear well.

right now I am listening to speaker terrifying Radiohead, image ones are handling them well. no buzzing or issues as yet. I listened to a version of Paganini 24th in HD an it sounded slightly thin, but it may have been the eq setting. these phones seem to handle rock better than acoustical performances, but I only have listened to them for about 5 minutes so far.

I have little to judge these headphones by since the image ones are the first headphones I have ever gone out to buy. Over all I say give them a try, you wont be disappointed for the price point