Floorstanders as the center channel

tech73x

Hello, I have quite a bit of room on my wall for my fronts, but when I hang my plasma above my fireplace there really is not going to be a lot of room for a center. So I was wondering if you could use say a set of rf35's for the center channel? I know this is not commonplace so thats why I am asking if anyone else has done it and if it would mess up the sound imaging? Thanks

I did with a pair of heresy's, it did sound good, they were right next to one another though, sounds like you might be setting yours apart on either side of the fireplace and I don't think that I would do that. I do on the other hand like the sound of my system better after I found an academy center and replaced the heresy's. There are many who will say not to use dual centers, due to comb filtering, I tried to find out more about it, didn't have much luck. With all the jabbering I've done, IMO I would not go with the dual center towers.

Good Luck

~ross