Fast and Furious

Michael Greenway

I just finished watching Fast and Furious in DTS. It was great! I had to turn down the volume from my "normal" listening level. I have a pair of KLF-30's for fronts, KLF-C7 center, KSB1.1 for rear surrounds. I am using a Sony DVP-C660 DVD player, Yamaha RX-V2200 for processing, and a Carver M500t driving front speakers. I have my LFE directed to mains and wonder what it will be like when I get my SVS 20-39 CS+ .

I watched it on my complete R*-7 system a while ago, without a sub too. I enjoyed it (well the sound anyway) immensely! Much better than I expected. I turned my system down as well, but there were a couple of songs I remember cranking up just a little. cwm44.gif

-PB

I had some friends over to watch it. I it was right after I got my new receiver so I decided to try it out and crank it up. The whole movie was loud but no one complained cause it sounded great.

------------------

I like my bass like I like my women, deep and tight.

I watched it with my teenage son and a few of his friends back from college. My 30's/10's/C7 totally impressed them. Listened VERY loud. Techno music was decent but the rice cars just don't impress.

Like the race between (2) supposedly 10 second cars, that race lasted about 2-3 minutes and had them still shifting gears after 2 minutes.

This message has been edited by Mlstrass on 04-11-2002 at 09:57 PM

• 2 weeks later...

The whole thing is so contrived, with little to no truth in it.

That whole ricer thing is portrayed as the end-all in performance cars. As if Chrysler never built a Hemi engine...Since 1968 (34 years and still ahead of the pack) Chrysler has held all the NHRA Super Stock class records, for factory built stock vehicles, starting with the 1968 Hemi Barracuda or Dodge Dart. These cars in 1968 came from the factory with more than 600 horsepower and more than 600 lb.feet of torque.

Today, Chrysler sells a version of this same engine through its Mopar Performance Parts business, that has greater than 850 horsepower and more than 900 lb.feet of torque, directly from the factory.

Installed in a full bodied/full interior/full chassis factory car, with a properly prepared suspension system to put the power to the pavement, these cars still turn

8.90 - 9.05 ETs in excess of 140 MPH.

There was nothing like this before them, and 34 years later, there still is nothing like them.

NO coffee can exhaust/NO turbo/NO NOS/NO supercharger..

Just all natural throttle baby! All throttle/NO adders.

BTW take note that the HEMI also powers the most powerful cars on the face of this earth...the NHRA Top Fuel Eliminator dragsters...Can you say 4.5-4.65 ET in the quarter mile with trap speeds in excess of 330 MPH?

It ain't no friggin' 4 banger or rotor motor...

Its a V-8 ...

Take that Fast and Furious nonsense out to the trash with the Bose speakers!

I liked this movie and the sound track. I used to own a Toyota Supra and a 1968 Barracuda with an A-type 318 made in Canada.

I do have one question. What do you get when you put this car:

NHRA Super Stock Eliminator Quarter-Mile Record Holder

Class / E.T. /Speed / Date Driver/Car

SS/A / 8.82 / 152.00 /05/05/01 Al Lee -'68 Ply Barracuda.

Against 5 Toyota Supras?

Answer : 4 bowls of rice krispies and a side order of fried rice.

cwm2.gif

Vahorns..I agree nothing before, nothing like it since.

I wonder, even today, why we don't have a bad a@@ production type car. The hype of this movie was somewhat silly, but the special effects were cool I agree.

give me the big engine you said that can still be ordered today,,,, Kinda like Klipsch re introducing the heritage lineup... Let it out and kick ***.. Would be fun to see it go against the rice cars you suggested too.

Build it, and they will come.

Where the hell are these great cars we were promissed would come at the turn of the century? IMO they very much after a while look the same.. and thats the problem. After say 1959...its all been downhill to the worst during the Jimmy " I am just a small time peanut farmer" Carter administration over gas consumtion till about mid 1985. If, pardon the political slant here, but if AL Gore had his way we would all be driving electical/ hybrid cars that go all of 50 total miles from home...with the performance of a gas powered golf cart...Geeze... I know they are making progress... But build a decent realistic car to use will ya Detroit/ the world??? Maybe the idea is this?? If we can't go farther than 50 miles from home...they can control us more >>>?? LOL..

Give me my car, give me freedom to go where I want, when I want, and with who I want, for as long as I want. Thats freedom.

My 2 cents