TRON Legacy

Joe Shmoe

Took the boys to see this over the weekend in IMAX 3D. Overall I thought it was a decent movie, but not quite the blockbuster I had hoped for. The CGI effects were awesome and it had some great LFE that should be equally entertaining at home when the DVD comes out, BUT I feel it was lacking more of a story. As I have read elsewhere it seemed kind of thin with too much dialogue in some areas. I could tell the boys were getting a little bored at at times, but in the end they were happy, the youngest (8) said it was better than Avatar... (good thing he's not writing reviews) [Y]

• 2 months later...

Sure he'll say that I guess it has dazzling action sequence's and shorter running time as well. Avatar was yawn falling asleep. I would sooner watch Dances with Wolves for 181mins.

I'm going to take a chance on Tron Legacy this April 18th when its released on bluray I hope its Dolby TrueHD 7.1 as it was mixed and released in cinemas in Dolby 7.1 not dts! But knowing Disney they might pull a fast one and stuff it with dtshd master audio 7.1 SIGH.

Tron will also be released so I'll get the cheap box set don't want to pay for silly box that glows in the dark.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It could be easy to fault Tron Legacy, until you watch it back-to-back with the original. The first one didn't have much of a plot either if you'll recall. I own both, and liked the first one as a kid, but there's no denying that Legacy on Blu-Ray takes home theater audio to whole 'nutha level.