Heresy III Purchase

DanielM

Hello:

I am new here. I had been looking for a pair of used Cornwall's for a while and have been checking this forum. I have had a pair of the origional RF-7s for the past few years, but missed the Heritage sound. I had once owned a set of Chorus, but made the mistake of selling them years ago. Anyway, through the comments on this fourm, I learned a couple of things:

1. Simply Stereo, a Heritage dealer in the Chicago area, has the full line of Heritage speakers to listen to and are nice, honest peoplet to buy from.

2. Even though my mind was set on some used Cornwalls or Chorus (if I could find them), I was encouraged through comments here to at least listen to the Heresy III,

Long story short, I am currently very, very happy listening to my new Heresy III speakers in my home at this moment! I was totally supprised by these speakers in the Simply Stereo showroom. I put them to the test against the current RF-7s and found a big difference in the "type" of sound. My ears immediately went for the Heresy sound, but I can understand why some people like the RF-7. When I compared the Heresy III to the new Cornwalls, I was really supprised as how well the Heresy III compared. And, for my smaller size listening room (13 x 18 room in a 1920s home with wood floors and plaster walls), I am amazed at the clarity and depth I am getting from the Heresy III speakers. Also, I have read some comments from a few people that had me thinking the Heresy III would automatically come up short in the bass departement ,but they actually produce a better bass and far better midrange sparkle through my McIntosh receiver than my RF-7s ever did.

Anyway, thought I would share that in case anyone is looking at the Heresy III and needed a little encouragement to listen to them. I listen mostly to rock, and I did my test in the Simply Stereo showroom with the Big Star "Radio City" LP (vinyl) recent re-issue, and the Son Volt "Trace" CD. The guy at Simply Stereo had a turntable set up for me by the time I arrived. The Big Star re-issue is an excellent LP demanding some above average talent for any amp, speakers, and cartrage attempting to do it right. It served to sufficiently allow my ears to declare a Hersey III win during my test. I am not trying to say that the Cornwalls would not have been my choice for a different listing room, but for me and my room, I am a very pleased new Heresy III owner.

Welcome to the forum! I'm glad you like your H3's, I love mine. I'll have to respectfully disagree with your comparison of the H3's and RF'7's in the bass department however. My experience has been just the opposite. RF-7's and even RF-5's walk all over the H3's in bass, at least in my house with my equipment, same room, same gear.

DanielM,

Welcome to The Forums!

This place is great. It is the best online community I know of; and I am happy to be a member here.

You can always depend on a helping hand or good advice.

Also; check the "Right This Minute" thread; always great to see what others are listening to!

Congrats on the new thumpers.... That they are.

I love my HIs, and yours are reputed to be better in just about every way.

Enjoy!

DanM,

If you have the room for a little 8 inch Velodyne sub, you can get that last little bit of music on the bottom end. I agree they are not too bad "as is" but the low frequency information is good to have, just saying.

Thanx, Russ

Edit note: Translated post back into English......

DanM,

If you have room for a little 8 inch Velodyne, you can get that last little bit on the bottom. I agree they are not too bad as is but that way low stuff is good to have, just saying.

Thanx, Russ

DanielM,

I agree with what Russel says.... I have a 12" Emotiva Ultra 12. (Powered Sub).

There are times when I listen to music with it; and on occasion without. The flexibility is a nice option.

(Something to consider down the road..... There are many good subs out there).

You are welcome regarding the RTM thread..... Also; consider contributing.... You would be surprised at the responses you get.

It really is a great group of people over there....