What is so bad about a modification????????????????????

crd97086

So many people bear down upon me when,..........i spoke that there were major upgrades that could be done to the .......LASEvslaScffala............Yes the LaScala bass bin.............................................I have researcvhed it majorly.. as I said ..3 weeks ago ...thank you.....

I thanked Sootshte, for the Fantastic explation of the aousticsic glue that he used.........go look it up.........And use .....double ...Wallls...........3/4" birch ply.......we are not bad people .......we ......just know what is going on........thanks............and .....er .......hope..........that helps........................dale.

I know I know, why do people get so upset??? Its crazy... Really it is....if you want to "modify" then go modify, who to say that you shouldn't do it... now will you actually make an improvement to the sound???? well its like they say a meal cooked yourself always tastes better except when it doesn't.

So many people bear down upon me when,..........i spoke that there were major upgrades that could be done to the .

crd,

Maybe you were in one breath, saying how fortunate you were but in the next breath, trying to sell people on what you were doing and your speakers.

You might want to gain some respect from the folks in the forum by contributing to it and being helpful, not trying to do an about face (complete turn around) in the same thread and try to sell people your speakers and modifications like a used car salesman. As pointed out above not only is that a no-no in the forums but your responses in the thread was quite pushy.

If you have to wonder why so many people came down on you - I am rather surprised you are even bringing that up based on the following posts:

• Re: Am I fortunate or what???

find it amusing that in your first post which you title Am I fortunate
    or what you talk about what a great deal you got on an audiophile set
    of speakers Now you can t wait to get rid of them Not only are you
    going to sell them when your new even better then the terriffic La
    Scalas speakers

Posted to
    2-Channel Audio
    (Forum)
    by
    ChadHahn
    on
    Mon, Dec 13 2010

Well, Sheltiedave, I rather think that you are interested. And yes,
    these will up for sale in the Spring. If you understand how much the
    Forum member,that I bought these from, put into these then $1400 is not
    at all outrageous. Come on Sheltie, fess up, you really want these,
    doncha. :)

Posted to
    2-Channel Audio
    (Forum)
    by
    crd97086
    on
    Sat, Dec 11 2010

Ah Sheltie, come on, you know that 1400 is very cheap for an audiophile
    grade speaker don't you? Klipsch designed its speakers with cost and
    size limitations. Think what the products do sound like if we remove
    those limitations. Don't treak Klipsch like Scientologists treat L. Ron
    Hubbard. :)

Posted to
    2-Channel Audio
    (Forum)
    by
    crd97086
    on
    Sat, Dec 11 2010

If I am thinking of the wrong thread (Amy killed it - so I can't refer to it) then I apologize. I did find your posts annoying though Amy did beat up everyone who responded to you - not sure why....

You might have something to contribute to this forum so please contribute..... Also, as many people view these forums from all over the world, you might want to make your posts clear and concise so people can understand your point.

Nothing wrong with modifications as long as they are reversable! Everything that I have modified on my forte II can be returned to stock in a matter of minuets, in case I do not care for the outcome!

For sure!! That's why I haven't built backs for my KHorns. I would need to build supports to hold the side panels stiff though I can't bring myself to drill holes in the sides to old the wings in place. It was hard enough to cut the wires and add CT125s.