Stoopid, petty and aggravating things-

oscarsear

Every Christmas my boys gift me BBQ sauce and a BBQ apron from afar California. The sauce gets consumed but the collection of aprons was getting 'hefty'. So, this year I see that they purchased the apron at Kohls (price tag still on the item). I call my local Kohls to see if I can return/exchange the item sans receipt and they say "yes". Away I go with the $24.99 apron in hand. Obviously it is after Christmas and Kohls has a massive sale on-going. Here's the deal on the return/exchange. 1st I can only get in store credit w/o the receipt which I have no problem with. But there is a very weird proviso. If I buy something that costs exactly the same (to the penny) I will get the full $24.99 value of the returned apron. But if I should buy anything that costs less I will only receive the 'sale' price of the apron which is 50% less, $12 and change. And here is the exotically dumb part: If I should buy something that costs MORE I will still only receive credit for the 50% off sale price of $12 and change. The only way to get a full price return credit was to find something in the store that cost exactly $24.99, not one cent more nor less. Never have I heard of a sillier policy. So I asked the nice lady for the list of items in the store that costs exactly $24.99 and I get that vacant, exasperated stare in return. I intended to spend more $$$$ but I did not. I found something I wanted for exactly $24.99 and I got my 100% exchange value. Idiots.