Hope I am not Going to be Sick........Good Bye Belle's

Big Time

New to the forum, first of all......Great Forum!!! You people reallyknow your stuff.

I just got my first LCD/LED TV and am about to dive into home theater. I am the original owner of Belle's since 1985. I love the speakers but since buying the big screen TV I just don't have the room for them. Not to mention my wife has wanted to get rid of them for some time. I know, maybe I am getting rid of the wrong thing here!!

I am looking to replace them with a set of RF-7II, RC64II and RS62II's. Am I making a big mistake?? Will I be pleased with the sound or is there no comparison. Also, will I nee a Sub with this set up??

I have never even heard a set of the RF's before and am relying on the opinions of this forum to make a decision. My living room is 20X23. Is that too small for these speakers or should I go with the RF82II's. I sure like the look of the 7's and from what I have been reading, they are most impressive!!

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

By the way, the Belle's are on ebay and will end tomorrow just after midnight EDT. Take a look at them and tell me what you think I will get for them. Maybe you would like to bid yourself. Local pickup can be arrainged.

Thanks in advance.

Big Time

You think you feel bad at the moment? Just wait until you actually pack and ship the Belles to the new owner. It's hard, but you'll get over it. It's been around 5 years since I sold my old Klipschorns. I'm kinda over it now... mostly. Sometimes though, I wake up in a cold sweat thinking about what I did. I turned to drink for a while, but that didn't help much. I must have made my analyst a rich man. He was the type of guy who called a spade a spade. He said he gets some real problem cases, but I was one of the worst he'd ever dealt with. He was the one who told me that the only way out of the darkness was to buy another pair of Klipschorns. I couldn't find a pair so I bought some new Belles. That made me feel a little better. I only see the analyst once a week now. And the store that I sold the Klipschorns to has shut up shop and moved interstate. I guess all those slogans I painted over his windows on a daily basis finally got to him... [8o|]

Guest Anonymous

I love my belles, they will never go...you will regret it....end the auction with an error and keep them.

the only way you would ever replace these is by getting another set....dont do it.

Will I be pleased with the sound or is there no comparison. Also, will I nee a Sub with this set up??

It's a different sound. I prefer heritage & I had 7's at one time. If your main interest is home theater you will probably still be very pleased. No your room isn't to small & yes you need a sub.

welcome to the forum. btw, 7's slam I just find heritage more pleasing with music.

Welcome to the Forum, Big Time.

There are some here that have a home theater setup with all Heritage and a subwoofer. You should consider that before letting your Belles go. You have a pair of speakers that are somewhat difficult to obtain. If you don't mind my sayin', twenty-six years of ownership allows you to take them for granted.

OK, forget what I just said - just looked at the Ebay link. I guess they'll be on their way. The new Reference will treat you very well, no worries there. For me I have a strong interest in big Heritage. Just (finally) found a Belle and bought one near me last month. Only a single, gotta wait for another to appear.

Keep us informed with your progress, and tell us how you like your new purchases. What you are intending on purchasing is a great setup. They'll definately deliver the goods. Look into a subwoofer for your new setup, too.

Guest Anonymous

very nice, should get 2k for those. i think you will regret it though...

as i mentioned, about 2k maybe...there will likely be a push at the end of the auction.

I hope you know what your missing, i always regretted selling my cornwalls, had two pair. it was never the same, i had them since new.

Now i have Belles, and la scala's, there's nothing like them...

From belles to bose?