Digital receivers besides Panasonic SA-XR series?

wuzzzer

How do you like your SA-XR57?

The best sounding amplifier / receiver for digital source amplification under $2500. No joke.

the seller the 25 was the most sought after of the SA-XR series

They're blowing a little hot air your way by saying that. The most sought after Panny is the SA-BX500...which is still sold in Europe for around $700 US. The good news is the XR-25 sounds just the same (utterly splendid). I would recommend staying under $150 for a used one though, as the XR25 isn't quite as fully featured as its newer siblings. It's lowest x-over frequency is 100 Hz, for example, which could be an issue if you plan to use a sub.

Thanks! The owner of the XR-25 hasn't used it in a couple years, he was saving it to use in a separate setup that never happened. He said to shoot him a price and I said that after researching eBay and craigslist I found that the SA-XR series usually sell from $100-150 depending on model and condition. He said he'd sell his for $150 + shipping. I'm comfortable with that price. Not much of an investment if I get it and for some reason decide that it isn't for me.

The only analog things I'd be hooking up are my old NES and Wii, neither of which are big deals as far as audio quality.