2010-09-04 13-22-02 Klipsch Bethesda 2010

Hi

guys, i've been jonesing for a cornwall or something that will fill my

new house with some amazing sound for years to come. Being a novice to

the Heritage line I purchased a set of worn out Heresy I's without full

knowledge of what to look for... Now after much time spent reading these

forums and time inside of the Heresy's i've rewired, replaced one

woofer and developed a want for more bass. I'm working with a Onkyo

TX-NR808 which works well for the time being.

Onto the real agenda

of this post. I'm looking for a set in the Heritage line for anywhere

between 500-800. I figure that's a decent range to work with to ween my

way into the downward spiral towards classic audio [Y]. I came across a

CL add for a pair of "Cornwall I's" for 595.. which i'm sure i can

negotiate down to 500 due to them being in Maryland and I'm in nyc i

don't mind the travel but if i could get your opinions if they appear (Link above) to

be worth the travel and money.

I appreciate your time greatly,

Peter

Welcome to the forum! There are many ways you can go with this and get good results. If your Heresy's are updated and or upgraded, have you considered buying or building a great sub? I would try that first and see what you think and then go from there. The reason I mention this as an option is that regardless of the mains I'm running, RF7's, Cornwall 2's or Cornscala's the proper integration of a sub is the only thing that gets the bass to the level I want it with all the music I listen to. They are all great speakers in their own right, but .................

replaced one woofer and developed a want for more bass

based on that statement (which I made a couple of years ago with the 7's), I think that you will eventually end up going with a sub, so I'm just offering an opinion based on my personal experience.

I have Heresey II's with the upgraded BC XOVER and Titanium Tweeter diaphrams and they sound fantastic. The video below is of them being ran off my TV and with a SVS sub.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb6DSgQPhZs

I also have bone stock Cornwalls that I picked up from a fellow forum member this summer. They sound fantastic and dont need a sub in my opinion. I shot a video of them too. BUT be advised these videos do not do either of these speakers justice!!! I was just fooling around one day and decided to do it.

I contemplated going that route. It would be a greater reduction in price oppose to purchasing a new set and having to some how camoflauge them into the living area without it being too obvious to the GF. Which i know sounds impossible but with my daughter being 2 and wanting daddy to play music all the time it shouldn't be too tough. Now the deterent of building my own sub would more than likely start from a normal 15" sized build that will eventually lead me to building bigger and bigger!

I ask, would you think that In walls for surrounds and 3 Heresy's for for with a Custom Sub suit one's needs?

I love the idea of building and finishing some true functioning furniture.

I contemplated going that route. It would be a greater reduction in price oppose to purchasing a new set and having to some how camoflauge them into the living area without it being too obvious to the GF.

I don't know where you are in reference to this ad but this is a great deal on a great sub if in good condition.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/msg/2197400974.html

Velodyne HGS-12 Powered Subwoofer AS-IS(price negotiable) - $250 (Sheepshead Bay)

Date: 2011-02-04, 3:55PM EST
Reply to: sale-pw485-2197400974@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Retail price - $1,995 USA (Black gloss finish)

Velodyne High-Gain Servo
-Tandem 3" Push-Pull motors
-310 oz. motor structure
-1250 Watts RMS/3000 peak
-Patented High Gain Servo
-Ultra-efficient Class D amp

Very good condition. Sold as-it-is. Price negotiable
VERY VERY VERY HEAVY!!!! PICK UP ONLY
347 564 1693

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2197400974

Bill

I haven't seen that add, i think i'll atleast give the person a call to see if i can take a look at it.
It's a little Odd to emphasize "as is" numerous times in the post. I'll let you guys know status, i appreciate the help.
If he doesn't agree to audition i'm not wasting my time, that's how i had my Heresy set back.

I haven't seen that add, i think i'll atleast give the person a call to see if i can take a look at it.
It's a little Odd to emphasize "as is" numerous times in the post. I'll let you guys know status, i appreciate the help.
If he doesn't agree to audition i'm not wasting my time, that's how i had my Heresy set back.

I can surely understand that. Some of my best finds and better people to deal with have posted obscure ads. Great that seller left phone number so you can get a more personal feel of who you might be dealing with. I have never bought anything used without having phone dialog first and formost as importance. Good luck with it because that is one really nice sub for very little $$$'s.

For the record, the last one sold on A-gon for $560.00 in June 10.

Bill