RF-63 vs. RF-82 II + Yamaha RXV 767

merceg100

For your system, the RC-64. The 64 II is better still, but is not timbre matched to the 63s. You will get the best performance with an RC-64, so if you can find one, that would be preferred.

but they don't have any (in the store, RF-63 was last of discontinued products), and they said that they wan't be getting more of this because it is discontinued product and that I should be going for RC-62 II or RC-64 II. And there are very few stores over Europe to get any of Klipsch product. When I was thinking in the begining between RF-63 and RF-82 II they said that they have in store pair of RF-63 but if I'm going for RF-82 II then they will have to order it from store in Holland... I'm from Croatia by the way :-)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you got the wallet for it get the rc-64ii over the rc-62ii. Its not even a decision! It may be a little mismatched from the rf-63s but you probably will not even notice a difference.

I agree. I'd also look around on the internet and see if you can find a new or used RC-64 that can be shipped to you. Don't break the bank trying to obtain an RC-64 though. The 64 ii or 62 ii will do just fine.

If you got the wallet for it get the rc-64ii over the rc-62ii. Its not even a decision! It may be a little mismatched from the rf-63s but you probably will not even notice a difference.

I agree. I'd also look around on the internet and see if you can find a new or used RC-64 that can be shipped to you. Don't break the bank trying to obtain an RC-64 though. The 64 ii or 62 ii will do just fine.

thanx again, one final thing... if the Yamaha RXV 767 isn't strong enough for complete home theatre (RF-63 + RS-62 II + RC-64 (either one) + sub) which 3 channel amplifier should I purcase for front three speakers? I need a suggestion. Or is it better to change Yamaha RXV-767 for something stronger and if so for which one? And which sub will be a good match for this theatre?

As long as your yamy has all the necessary processing capabilities (and it should for years to come) then just add on the amp. Emotiva is a very popular budget amp right now, but I'm not sure if they ship everywhere and what the cost would be. Parasound, Marantz, Sunfire are all good brands just to name a few, but I'm sure someone will be able to chime in with something they've had success with.

Dont let thx options sway you, the 1911 does not have preouts so i would not get that. The 767 will work great. Emotiva would work great as they only make international buyers pay actual shipping (maybe even at a discounted price since they offer free shipping here in the us). Get the xpa-3 or the xpa-5. You could just get an emotiva umc-1 and amplifiers to begin with.

This is the day to remember! I've just brought home my RF-63 speakers and connected them to Onkyo A-9155 ampiflier which I got for first hand until I decide which reciever I'm going to buy. The ampiflier is only 65W/ch and the sound is extraordinary!!! I first played some of MJ evergreens, and than watched a DVD scene from Matrix Reloaded when Neo is fighting whole bunch of Agents.... Absolutely terrific!!! Now one last advice from you. I was already prepared to give my money for Yamaha RX-V767, but the man from the store where I bought my speakers told me that I'll get much sweeter sound with Onkyo TX-SR608 or Onkyo TX-NR708! Now what should I go for? Stick to Yamy or maybe one of this two? For me the most important part to look for should be power + video processing and upconverting to 1080p. Which of these should best suit my needs?

The biggest advantage of the Onkyo 708 is the internet connectivity. If that isn't important to you I would recommend the 608. I have both a Yamy and an Onkyo and both work great with the reference series. You'll just need to compare specs and see which one you prefer for processing and amplification versus price, but I don't know that any of those would be a bad choise.

I would give a listen to the Yamaha Aventage series.I have an HK and an Onkyo and a Yamaha 1065.The 1065 really surprised me with it's musical ability.I actually replaced my bedroom HK with the 1065.I decided to give a listen to the A1000 too.I have not been a fan of Klipsch and Yamaha in the past but Yamaha has made some changes in the last few years for the better , imo.I have an A1000 on it's way to try in my theater room.

Does Onkyo TX-SR 608 have enough power for Klipsch home theatre system (RF-63, RS-62 II, RC-64 + sub)? I'm asking this because it has more audio features than Yamaha RXV-767 but hasn't got preouts for aditional ampiflier! My decision has come up between theese two recievers in the end. Please help me out here :-)

Does Onkyo TX-SR 608 have enough power for Klipsch home theatre system (RF-63, RS-62 II, RC-64 + sub)?

I truly do believe with the impedence dips of the RF-63's(2.8 ohms), that the Onkyo TX-NR708 might be a better choice being that it does have multichannel preouts for an outboard amp. I am not saying that the TX-SR608 can't do the job but it will put a strain on the power supply and amps. Save and get the 708 and add an amp later.

Bill

Didn't realize the 608 didn't have pre-outs. Definately get the 708 and add amps later if needed. 708 has 110 watts and should run it well. It also has all the recent features one would want in a pre-amp, so it has you covered if you want to upgrade in the future or use it as is for years to come.

The only thing that is alienating me from 708 over 608 is price, that's why I'm asking this. The 708 is over 400 USD more expensive than 608 here in Croatia. Price for 608 is around 750USD and for 708 is 1150USD... a bit to much bounce in price for my wallet, and I don't think that I'll ever take complet advantage of my RF-63 speakers due to room size and neighbourhood and family factor :-) . But if you say that 708 will make a bigger impact overall I'll try to menage something out ang go for it!

My decision is going to be between Yamaha RXV767 and Onkyo TX-NR708. I let down Onkyo TX-SR608 'cos it doesn't have preouts. So one last help from you guys before I decide which one. Yamy is priced 890USD and Onkyo 708 is priced 1150USD. Do You think that Onkyo is worth 260USD over Yamy? Please if someone could take a closer look to both their specs and give advice. I know that specs are not the most important thing to look for (if the recievers are similar) but considering that I do not have the possibility to listen to Yamy and then to Onkyo so I could compare them I'll need advice of you experts...

@cornfedksboy, I saw that in your 2nd system you have ONKYO TX-NR708, does this mean that you are dissatisfied with it when you are recommending 767 over it? And one more question, I realized that in the same price range with Onkyo 708 is Yamaha RX-V 1067. What would you suggest between this two? Just in case I decide to spend a bit more money for reciever...